Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Sep 05, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post

The Vegetarian and the Carnivore! Part Six – Artist’s Palette, Noodle Station

Artist’s Palette at Saratoga Springs

We’d been shopping at Downtown Disney and thought we’d stop off on the way back to Old Key West, and have a look around Saratoga Springs.

I’d looked at the enormous buildings from across the lake at Downtown Disney and I wasn’t sure if I’d be too keen. But once we were actually there, the comfortable, well designed Victorian surroundings very quickly grew on me. The pool area is very relaxing and I loved hearing the turn of the century music in the background – it reminded me of being on Main Street.
All the CM’s we spoke to were warm and friendly, and we returned to the resort a number of times during the holiday.

There is a bright and airy food court called Artist’s Palette which offered mainly pasta, flatbreads and panini sandwiches.
I can recommend the flatbreads. We each had a Roasted Vegetable one, which had lots of aubergine, mixed peppers and red onion.
Along with a Garden Salad and a bottle of Fess Parker Chardonnay from the chilled cabinet, it made for a very tasty supper.

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

We were looking forward to trying something new and different at MK and this counter service location had not long been open, having taken over from the old Plaza Pavilion.
Unfortunately, I regret to have to report that we were utterly disenchanted with our lunchtime snack.

Paul had the tofu noodle bowl (Why is there so much tofu at WDW at the moment?) and I had Teriyaki Chicken.

Paul’s dish is probably best described this way; some chopped salad, herbs and a bit of lime, floating on top of a bowl of thin watery broth. There were a few rice noodles and some slimy tofu bobbing about below the surface.
My dish was not any better. Even with the addition of some chilli sauce it was still pretty insipid. The rice, carrot and sugar snap peas were fine but the broccoli was overcooked and yellowing. The chicken was the worst part of all - it tasted processed, fatty and gristly.
The first few mouthfuls were sort of OK (I’m trying to be kind) but we rapidly wrote them off and chucked them in the bin :sad:
Although the park was busy, not many other people were eating there that day and it has since been closed for some time. Can’t think why? LOL

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Artist’s Palette at Saratoga sounds lovely and that boat ride to get there from OKW is a treat itself. We may well check this out on out next visit.

I was really pleased when Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station opened but judging from your reviews and the fact it has been closed for months - it didn't really live up to expectations. I hope they can get their act together as MK needs some different menus.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Shame about Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, but the boat ride back from Saratoga Springs sounds like a lovely end to a relaxing supper.

Enjoying the reports... next please!

Edited at 08:54 AM.
Old 17 Sep 05, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Noodle Station was closed when we were at MK - the menu looked really tempting - but after reading your report I'm quite glad it was shut! Those flatbreads look delish ...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

The Noodle Sation is such a disappointment. It sounds like it could have been just what MK needs if done well.
Old 17 Sep 05, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Artist's palette looks interesting, was it fairly quiet surroundings?
The pizzas look scrummy & the wine! It's such a shame that the food in MK is frankly poor. We avoid it but tried Cinderellas Royal Table last time, it was distinctly average About time they got a Walts as per DLP, have you tried it, it's divine?

Jackie & Dan

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
what a lovely evening .. shame about that noodle station ..

thanks for the lovely pictures ... that brocolli looked cackie

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
What a disappointing meal at the noodle station. I really think MK needs one good signature restaurant as most seem distinctly average. The pizzas look yum. Thanks again Sue,

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 05, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

ROFL Shelly - cackie sums it up so well

Dan - AP was lovely and quiet. It's not somewhere I'd specifically travel to for food - but as we were there and hungry it worked out very well. Yummm
Walt's has always been closed when we've been to DLP most disappointed as the menu looked fab.

We usually have a nice lunch at Columbia Harbour House when in MK - it's a peaceful haven upstairs.
Old 17 Sep 05, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks Sue, we will be eating soon at the Artist Palatte and your review sounded great.
Pity about the cackie meal though!

Bob