Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Celebration at Halloween

Has anybody visited Celebration before 31st? Is it worth a look then? We had planned to go on 31st but just noticed that SW is open till late and will be the only chance for kids to ride Kraken in the dark.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mikim
Apprentice Imagineer

mikim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Were hoping to visit celebration on the evening of 31st either there or DTD? Not been before on previous visits.

Below is a link to trip report 2013 may
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=728462
mikim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

When we went in October 2015 we spent 31st all day at MK with the kids doing BBB and pirates league. Then all headed excitedly to DTD for the evening... Only to be really disappointed! No trick or treating, no one dressed up... Kids were gutted especially as I had hyped them up about how the Americans really celebrate Halloween. Suppose WDW concentrate on the MNSSHP instead. In October 2017 we plan to do the MNSSHP ON 31st but if no availability we will try to go to Celebration.
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Yes in 2013 we went to celebration on 30th Oct. We got parked no problem,had nice meal,then got a coffee/ice cream and had a walk looking at all the houses and decorations. Just off the main st the place was deserted and felt quite eary with all the Halloween decorations around. If I'm honest tho,while it was nice to see everything it did lack an atmosphere. We all said if we were to go again, we would rather tackle the crowds and go Halloween.
In general we were quite surprised at the lack of general Halloween festivities going on. Nothing at dtd or in the restaurants around lbv. No one appeared to be in fancy dress and no trick or treaters.
And here was us thinking they really went to town in America on Halloween, there is more going on in my neighbourhood at home!
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16

Edited at 02:45 PM.
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Thank you. I think we may try to call after SW if it's not too busy.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Libandarchie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We went on Halloween at Celebration and it was the highlight of our holiday. Our kids got dressed up and took buckets and they were filled after about an hour. The atmosphere was amazing and it was all totally over the top as you expected it to be. We actually got there about 5 o'clock and it was easy to get into and not too much traffic however when we left after a meal at about 9 it was rammed. If you want to do both you could do Celebration first and then go to SW. I totally understand about riding rides in the dark but that night in Celebration is something I will cherish forever and would have not missed it for the world.
Libandarchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 15, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Yes in 2013 we went to celebration on 30th Oct. We got parked no problem,had nice meal,then got a coffee/ice cream and had a walk looking at all the houses and decorations. Just off the main st the place was deserted and felt quite eary with all the Halloween decorations around. If I'm honest tho,while it was nice to see everything it did lack an atmosphere. We all said if we were to go again, we would rather tackle the crowds and go Halloween.
In general we were quite surprised at the lack of general Halloween festivities going on. Nothing at dtd or in the restaurants around lbv. No one appeared to be in fancy dress and no trick or treaters.
And here was us thinking they really went to town in America on Halloween, there is more going on in my neighbourhood at home!
Halloween is celebrated big time here, but in homes, not shops and restaurants. Surprisingly, it doesn't really take place in commercial premises. Go out to the neighborhoods or Celebration and watch all the kids. DTD or LBV aren't neighborhoods they're totally commercial. People don't trick or treat in shops or restaurants.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 15, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was thinking of going along to have a look the evening of the 30th as we're at MNSSHP on the 31st. Will there be enough houses etc., decorated then or do they wait until the 31st?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 15, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread