Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Aug 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by slp123 View Post
Sorry to ask again (posted last night but think I missed all the traffic, so to speak)but does anyone know if it is just the email I need to print, is this my reservation confirmation?
Thanks
I print off everything to be sure.

All you really need is the document with the barcode on the top for skip the counter. They will send you a confirmation with this included in an email when you have completed the process.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mgmmorgan
Getting Excited

Thanks to the poster that recommended using bing. I had no link to STC after doing online check in and even opening a new window it just took me back to the confirmation for OLCI.

I then searched in bing and used the link with bypass it is and it worked perfectly!

2 cars now checked in, and skipped the counter for both.

Cheers!

alamo/en_US/car-rent...kin/bypass.htm
mgmmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Another thanks for the "Bing" tip. had followed all of the other instructions but only got the go to garage barcode when I used Bing
All done and ready to go.
Thanks again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Having logged in successfully using Chrome on my Mac (thanks Robbotoo) -this has successfully led to me picking up our lovely hire car from MCO.
It was brilliant- used skip the counter and walked to the car hire place, picked a car, drove to the exit barrier where the lady checked the credit card (the one used online), the printed out skip the counter paperwork and driving license - we were handed our contract and off we went.

Took 10 mins tops from arriving at car rental garage to being on the road... 😊😊😊
Fab- thanks Dibb
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
princessariel
Trying for More Ears

After fretting about doing this, I just wanted to post to say that I've just gone through the whole process in less than 10 minutes!

We had booked through Alamo Brits and had prepaid. I used the link in Dan's original post and followed the links from there - there was a pop up after Online Check In to ask if I wanted to do ByPass the Counter which I clicked on. After filling in details I now have my 'Skip the Counter Ticket' print out with barcode :-)
No opening up other search engines or others tabs - very happy!

I was one of the first to follow Dan's instructions last year (although we hadn't prepaid last year) and once again, it's come up trumps! This saves a lot of time and I now can't wait for next week to come around :-)
princessariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=Watecc;11860178]
Originally Posted by tifab View Post
Has it worked?
It should be the lead bookers name, first and surname and then the Alamo ref which should be towards the bottom of the car voucher.
If that's still not working give charter a call. [/QUOTE

i got right through to the end but as it has been registered in my husbands inital A rather than his full name it wont accept it right at end when i was putting my credit card details in all very strange. Any ideas?
This happened to me .. Contacted Alamo and they changed the initial to first name.. Bingo it works... E mail too a couple of days to come through ...so call them. I am booked via Thomas cook so not direct via Alamo and I had no problems
Have a fab time !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Hope someone can help as I'm a little confused and a wee bit more miffed.

I've booked my entire package via Charter Travel including the Alamo car hire. I sensed a bit of trouble when I wanted to upgrade my car - Charter said I had to go to Alamo, Alamo said I needed Charter to do it. Anyway, the upshot being that Charter upgraded it for me.

But that's not the problem, my problem now is OLCI. I can't do it, I get the error - "Business account does not exist, or is not applicable for this brand" I have asked Alamo what this error means and, as I assumed, it's because my car hire was booked via a Third Party.

I have tried numerous links and each time the result is the same.

Today, I received my Car Voucher and it also doesn't contain a barcode.

So, OLCI is out, therefore Save Time is out, so I'm just left with the slow lane of the 1990's and dealing with an agent, I guess?
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Are you using Internet Explorer? People have had OLCI problems with IE, those that did tried using Google Chrome instead and that worked for them. Can't guarantee it will work but certainly that's been a fairly common thing

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Are you using Internet Explorer? People have had OLCI problems with IE, those that did tried using Google Chrome instead and that worked for them. Can't guarantee it will work but certainly that's been a fairly common thing
No, I always use Chrome. Actually, I did try that already, but maybe I did it wrongly.

I've just read something about having another tab open for another link. As an I.T. Professional this infuriates me!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Well sorry to hear that, mine was a third party booking and was able to do OLCI without any spurious messages.. I assume you are using the US site? I am sure you probably are but thought I would ask.. The last time I went I had issues doing OLCI, but then realised I was using Alamo.co.uk, rather than Alamo.com. Switched sites and went straight through

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List