Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 11 Sep 16, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss Disney
VIP Dibber

Urgent toilet needs in the parks?

Hello

There is one member of our party who would frequently need to use the toilet urgently due to a rather severe medical condition. What I'm worried about is a queue for the toilets... Is there some sort of system that would allow him to bypass a toilet queue. It's a horrible condition and it comes on with no warning and sometimes he really can't wait and I know he's very worried about it and it's making him reconsider even GOING to the parks at all.

any help, advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11 Sep 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We often found queues for toilets but I don't recall seeing people waiting for the disabled toilets so maybe that would be your best option. I don't think these were at every location though, maybe you can find out where these toilets are so you can be prepared.

I'm sure if you contact Disney they'll be able to assist you.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There's usually only queues for women's toilets. He could always duck into disabled toilets?
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

There are companion restrooms in the parks, we've often had to wait for these though. Inside the restrooms there are disabled bays, still have to wait for these at times. I don't think the men's have the queues like the ladies do.
Old 11 Sep 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cliver18
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, I have Crohn's disease and have an ileostomy so experience the same problems requiring a toilet urgently.
I have never had a problem finding a toilet nor have I had to wait for one at Disney, the ladies sometimes have a bit of a wait but never in the gents when I have been. There have been times where I have used the comoanion restrooms as the toilets seemed busy and I didn't want to waste time going in to check if there was a queue or not. Have a word with guest services when you arrive and the will do what they can to assist.

I did experience a bit of a wait in IOA last year at the toilets near Dudley Doo-right as it had just finished raining (torrential style) and the toilets were full of people trying to dry off or change clothes - something to be aware of if you do experience that type of rain.
Old 11 Sep 16, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our son had a dodgy tum after too much free coke on the flight ! We were in magic kingdom when it came on and he was always near enough to dash in a loo
Perhaps mapping carefully where the facilities are will reassure him
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Suggest that you pick up a map of the parks on entry as the rest rooms are clearly illustrated.

As I'm a disabled male myself, I make use of the disabled facilities and have never had to wait in a queue. I'm sure however that if there were people waiting, a short explanation would be sufficient to get you to the front of the queue as disabled people are very understanding.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Last time we were there there was wonderfully assertive lady with a broad New York (think Lacey from Cagney and Lacey) accent waddle into the restroom by Splash mountain - a queue of about 12 people ahead...

"I'm pregnant, I'm desperate, and I am coming through - let me KNOW if you have a problem with that" - no one did.

Sometimes I wish I had the guts!

Have not seen any lines for the gents though, so you should be ok - though as the above shows, no one really minds if you do need to get through.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Im sure they'll have no problems using the mens restrooms as theres so many. Like others have said, just make yourselves aware of the locations of them. Not just on the map but as you go into each area, look for the signs and know how to get to each one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we need to take our son to the companion toilets and tbh there was always a wait

the normal toilets in Disney and universal are quite big and don't remember having to queue

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List