Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Hotel or villa at the beach.

Hi. Need some beach accommodation help please. Mid Aug 2017 £100 per room per night ish!
After 2 weeks all Disney I plan a relaxing beach holiday for 1 week.
Would like a clean simple hotel on or walking distance to beach with a swimming pool for children... maybe a kids club (7&9 yrs) but not essential.
Don't want to pay extortionate resort fees. Free parking essential. Complimentary breakfast would be nice.
OR
Are there villas to hire?
Was thinking st petersburgh or Clearwater unless you have better suggestions.
Thank you for your help
MYFAMILY.

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

There are lots of villas to hire we hired one on Briarswood one year (great community but it was a drive from the beach) and we have stayed at the inn on 5th and Naples Grande Resort (both lovely but no way would I do a week with my son in the room). We now tend to hire a villa backing onto a canal on Marco as we can cycle or walk literally everywhere on the island.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

1000's of 2/3 bed, 2 bath condos with on-site pool on Gulf Blvd which runs all the way from Clearwater to St Petes Beach.
Most are either beachfront or facing the intercoastal waterway which is across the street from the beach.
Some of the other beach towns between Clearwater & SPB are Belleair, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Redington Beach, Madeira Beach & Treasure Island;all nice areas.
Try the VRBO site; you'll be spoilt for choice plus August is low season so you'll get the lowest rates.

Edited at 09:49 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for replies.
Scooby99 Thank you. Can you recommend anywhere from personal experience. What is the vrbo site please?
Thank you
Myfamily
Old 18 Oct 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

VRBO/Homeaway is a website where property owners advertise details, photos, rates, availability of their homes for rent; there are properties on there for almost everywhere in the world. I believe it's the largest rental site out there.
With some properties you'll deal directly with the owner; others via a managing agent etc.

We stay in Indian Shores; it is all condos, no hotels with 1-off restaurants, has a lovely white sand beach & is very laid back.
All the places mentioned are nice; Treasure Island is more built up with lots of hotels and more restaurants & chains within walking distance but others love it for that reason; depends what you like.
A trolley bus runs the entire length of Gulf Blvd from Clearwater to Pass a Grille (southern end of St Petes Beach).
Good luck.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks scooby99.
Are you able to say which condos you use exactly or is that against Dibb rules?
I think the quieter option is good after Disney Overload. So long as there are a few grocers etc close by.
Thanks again
MYFAMILY.
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Hi,
We've stayed at a few: Barefoot Beach, Waterview, Quiet Waters, Mariners Pointe.
Most condo units are of a similar floor layout, almost all on the intercoastal waterway side have pools, some of the larger buildings on the beach side have pools but not all as you have the sea so check that on the details/photos if important to you, many have BBQs for you to use, fishing docks if on the intercoastal etc.
I can't think of any condos (even those not listed by me) that you should avoid, it's a great location, as said many have a similar layout & facilities, we picked based on whether the location & decor etc suited us, we also prefer condos with fewer units in the complex, others may prefer a larger complex with more people to meet etc.
Largo is approx 10-15 mins drive inland with every grocery store & chain restaurant you can think of.

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are looking to rent a condo on Anna Maria Island next year for 3 nights in the middle of our 3 week Orlando stay. It's the next thing I need to book! We have found loads on VRBO like PP suggested. Or there are quite a few condo resorts that offer self catering accommodation. The ones I've looked at so far are Blue Water Beach Club, Tortuga Inn and Tradewinds. We did originally want a villa as there's 12 of us but on AMI it seems you need to stay for a minimum of 7 nights whereas the condos generally have a 2-3 night stay minimum. Really looking forward to chilling out by the beach for a few days!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread