Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Apr 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
I have another question 😂.
With the dining plan which includes waiter service meals - is it 2 courses? Can it be a main and dessert or is it starter and main?
Also - is it literally anything on menu - for example the most expensive thing?
It is a main and a desert. You cannot have an appetiser instead. Some places will allow you to sub a salad or soup for desert but generally not. With the exception of add ons (eg lobster tail) generally only found at signature restaurants you can choose anything off the menus.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you! Very helpful! X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Don’t underestimate the tips if you do upgrade. It’s been an eye opener (or eye waterer) for us this time. I would be tempted to do quick service next time and just pay the difference a few times next time. We have one extremely fussy eater as well so she’s generally had a few fries and a drink in the waiter service places.
Rickster1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think we are doing quick service. I’ve spent ages crunching numbers and don’t think it’s beneficial. We will still do 2 character meals though and pay. X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

We’ve just done quick service and lunch at Tusker House cost over $300 for the 5 of us, so I’m tempted to upgrade next time.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
I think we are doing quick service. I’ve spent ages crunching numbers and don’t think it’s beneficial. We will still do 2 character meals though and pay. X
We had the QSDP because we didn’t really want to be tied into ADRs. We had one Tucker House breakfast booked and the later in the holiday we booked Crystal Palace the day before we went for dinner

The costs for those 2 meals was nowhere near the cost of upgrading to DDP so we were happy that we chose to pay OOP

For nearly every other day we were happy to have the flexibility of the QSDP and just eating when we wanted
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m deffo sticking with QS. Gonna book in 2 character meals (breakfast though) so it’s gonna cost around 170 dollars for that which is fine. I’ll use the free gift card! X