Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
We were also on that delayed flight at Miami after the WBTA, it did put me off flying with them for a while but we’ve gone for it and booked them for next year. The prices are so good that we couldn’t not do it! I have to admit that I’m nervous after Miami but the actual flights with TC have always been spot on and I think the staff at MCO would be much better equipped to deal with a cancellation if that were to happen again.
You may have seen us!

There was an issue with the aircraft but the ground handling agent for TC at Miami had obviously never dealt with a delay before and just lost control. It was the first time TV had used Miami so they learnt the hard way. I’m sure they would fare better now though hard lesson learnt.

Orlando of course would deal with it better, as they have had Tc for years so their ground handlers would know what to do.

It was really poor but wasn’t the airlines fault.

I remember calling the Thomas cook duty office from an agents number and she said we’ve been told your in hotels lol - it was bad but wouldn’t let it put me off as you could get delayed with anyone.

Your not wrong though the planes are nice :-)

And the prices are great! Some dates Virgin are cheaper if not the same especially for May next year! So it does swing in roundabouts

Was you on the cruise too?

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
You may have seen us!

There was an issue with the aircraft but the ground handling agent for TC at Miami had obviously never dealt with a delay before and just lost control. It was the first time TV had used Miami so they learnt the hard way. I’m sure they would fare better now though hard lesson learnt.

Orlando of course would deal with it better, as they have had Tc for years so their ground handlers would know what to do.

It was really poor but wasn’t the airlines fault.

I remember calling the Thomas cook duty office from an agents number and she said we’ve been told your in hotels lol - it was bad but wouldn’t let it put me off as you could get delayed with anyone.

Your not wrong though the planes are nice :-)

And the prices are great! Some dates Virgin are cheaper if not the same especially for May next year! So it does swing in roundabouts

Was you on the cruise too?
We managed to taxi to the hotel they’d booked only to be told there weren’t enough rooms and not to even get out of the car. The driver took us to a place he recommended (more of a brothel than hotel as it turned out) so we ended up walking to the nearest Fairfield in the early hours with two young boys. Not an experience I’d want to repeat tbh. The cruise was fab though (apart from the teething issues!). You might have seen us, we were the ones who had to put the youngest in time out at Miami, he was in meltdown phase after all the hours hanging around!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
We managed to taxi to the hotel they’d booked only to be told there weren’t enough rooms and not to even get out of the car. The driver took us to a place he recommended (more of a brothel than hotel as it turned out) so we ended up walking to the nearest Fairfield in the early hours with two young boys. Not an experience I’d want to repeat tbh. The cruise was fab though (apart from the teething issues!). You might have seen us, we were the ones who had to put the youngest in time out at Miami, he was in meltdown phase after all the hours hanging around!
I remember the messing about.

We sat on the floor and waited u TIL last so all the families with children and disabled/older people could get sorted.

We didn’t get to a hotel until 6am and I didn’t sleep , we left the hotel at 8am and just went straight to the airport and waited as I didn’t expect to hear anything like they said.

I wouldn’t like a repeat I was shattered but the cabin crew really looked after us and I was so pleased to get on a plane!

I don’t remember seeing anything like you mentioned but I remember a couple of years ago we did the same cruise to New York and some of the guests who were on the Miami flight cruise were on the same flight as us coming home!

We did enjoy the Barcelona to New York cruise better , as there wasn’t as many problems when the ship set sail and the weather was incredible all the way!

I am hoping they do another in 2021 as we’re booked up for the next 2 years, we’re trying a 7 nights fantasy next year as my friend did it and loved it!

We made so many friends on both of those cruises 😊

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
I remember the messing about.

We sat on the floor and waited u TIL last so all the families with children and disabled/older people could get sorted.

We didn’t get to a hotel until 6am and I didn’t sleep , we left the hotel at 8am and just went straight to the airport and waited as I didn’t expect to hear anything like they said.

I wouldn’t like a repeat I was shattered but the cabin crew really looked after us and I was so pleased to get on a plane!

I don’t remember seeing anything like you mentioned but I remember a couple of years ago we did the same cruise to New York and some of the guests who were on the Miami flight cruise were on the same flight as us coming home!

We did enjoy the Barcelona to New York cruise better , as there wasn’t as many problems when the ship set sail and the weather was incredible all the way!

I am hoping they do another in 2021 as we’re booked up for the next 2 years, we’re trying a 7 nights fantasy next year as my friend did it and loved it!

We made so many friends on both of those cruises 😊
We did the Barc-NYC, just the first year that they did it. Then flew down and had three nights in the Dream. Loved it but don’t feel the need to repeat Canada, I wish they’d mix it up a bit! We really would love to do the EBTA next time. Though the Fantasy is the only ship we haven’t sailed so we’d love to do that as well .

The kids and disabled who left first didn’t actually go anywhere, we ended up in a huge queue for was one small bus that accommodated only a handful of people and took an age to return which is why we hopped into a taxi.

I’m sure TC will be on form at MCO, I for one can’t wait to hop on again!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We flew Virgin in 2012, TC in 2014 and 2016, and Virgin/Delta in 2018.

We've recently booked TC for 2020.

Price wins for us, because everything else is much of a muchness. Virgin are certainly no more "premium" than TC, other than their prices! In fact, I feel we have more room in the TC seats, but I've no idea if the official seat width/pitch would agree with me.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

I flew with Thomas Cook in 2016.. having flown with Virgin then Tui I was pretty impressed with Thomas Cook... we flew into Miami and managed to bag flights for less than £500 per adult.. spend one night in Fort Lauderdale then drove to Anna Maria, for 7 days (bliss) then onto Orlando.. Good luck with whatever you choose xx
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List