Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Notte510
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
DIY is usually cheaper.
Last year we did 13 nights split between AKL Disney and RPR Universal for 2A, 1C.
I calculated it cost just under £6000 for everything. Taxis, airport parking, all spending money and food, tickets, hotels, planes. Basically everything the holiday cost.
So someone saying they have been quoted £8500 for a lower hotel and without Universal, which is expensive add on, makes me feel faint.
That's a great price, if I went DIY would i book through official disney site the hotel? AKL is £6k alone with tickets for my dates, before any flights are added, so is that price gonna come down?
Notte510 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Staying on site is for me so expensive. I know you have DDP, tickets, hotel and shuttles but I still think DIY gives you a much better deal.
August 2017 5 adults Flights @ £550pp SUV car hire with all Insurances £500 booked as a package so only paid a deposit. 4 bed villa with conservation view £1,650 5 x Disney ticket (with 25%off) £259 pp. I realise that you need to add on £170 to the Disney tickets for todays £429.
We ate in mostly with a few meals out and had a spend of $125 each day at the parks, and we did very well for food. Of course, a couple of special meals at Disney were over this budget. For 5 of us with Disney accommodation, DDP and flights I was quoted by a well recommended TA for dibbers over £11,000.
Its purely a matter of personal choice for accommodation and of course one's finances.
Bargain flights are out there just stick to your budget and you will find them or another dibber will flag them up. Happy Disney whichever you choose.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We always go during the last 2 weeks of August. We know these dates will not sell out so wait and book last minute (almost). Usually booking around the April/May of the year we want to go. We choose the cheapest flights, often indirect 1 stop. We book the hotel via Disney USA which always has the 30% off summer saver offer during the period we book. Last time we picked up AKL for the same price as PORS on the Disney site, it just appeared so grabbed it.

The problem for many is that they book too soon before the flights are released so end up paying a premium just for the flights.

Originally Posted by Notte510 View Post
That's a great price, if I went DIY would i book through official disney site the hotel? AKL is £6k alone with tickets for my dates, before any flights are added, so is that price gonna come down?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 03:53 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wossey77
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
The problem for many is that they book too soon before the flights are released so end up paying a premium just for the flights.
Thanks. I think I’m going to book accommodation now & will then book flights separately when released.

Where do you fly from & how long does it take with the stop? I’m still undecided between direct/indirect but direct is currently winning due to convenience!
Wossey77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We fly from Dublin so many indirect choices but I have always said that indirect isnt as bad as you think. We always find that a direct flight means we arrive in Orlando very hungry but with indirect you get to stop off, stretch your legs and get a decent meal.
The loss of time with the stop off is easily made up, especially if your clearing immigration before MCO.

Originally Posted by Wossey77 View Post
Thanks. I think I’m going to book accommodation now & will then book flights separately when released.

Where do you fly from & how long does it take with the stop? I’m still undecided between direct/indirect but direct is currently winning due to convenience!
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Notte510 View Post
Whats a decent price in august school holidays for flights, can look at 2019 prices but as it's a bit late now - not sure if they're usually that price, or now looking on the pricey side?

Looking at £800-900?
We fly PE with Thomas Cook and are looking at £1k each during summer holidays 2020. We have priced up economy, look at add-ons such as baggage as you get more allowance in PE, extra leg room as you get more in PE, extra drinks, then look at price difference, we end up flying PE.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List