Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

ATD booking for October 2020

Hey,

We've decided to try and get a booking arriving on 3/10/20 so that we can still get the free dining offer for next year. Disney still don't have any October dates released, and since October isn't really included in the free dining period I'm not convinced they will release them on the 25th either.

However, other travel agents have got October listed already. Yesterday I got a quote from ATD for my Disney accommodation and tickets which I would be happy with so I would be prepared to book with them as soon as dining is released on the 25th.

Does anyone know if these rooms are actual allocations that ATD has now, or are they selling from the same 'pot' as Disney will - so that when Disney finally put the October dates up will there be less availability because some have already been sold?

And if I decide not to wait for Disney to pull their finger out and book with ATD will I risk that room not really being available? And are ATD good at talking to Disney on your behalf for things like birthday notification, room requests etc..?

Thanking you
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

*bump* appreciate any thoughts on this
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

ATD will be hedging their bets on availability and pricing, the same as every other TA. They won't be able to confirm until the 25th. They have no clue if that room is available for you before then.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Thanks Shani, that's what I suspected - it's just that the availabilty of October if I chose to book now without free dining made me wonder
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
The Clovers
Getting to know the DIBB

im questioning exactly the same thing, we are looking to go 02/10/20 but October not available on disney site yet, so im panicking slightly! fingers crossed they will be released by the 25th
Old 18 Apr 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve booked with ATD for this October, and our reservation was pending for a while before it was confirmed. I have nothing but amazing things to say about them so far. Their customer service is excellent.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
We’ve booked with ATD for this October, and our reservation was pending for a while before it was confirmed. I have nothing but amazing things to say about them so far. Their customer service is excellent.
I’ve just checked back through my emails. We booked on 7 May last year, and we had an email from ATD on 29 June to say that Disney had confirmed our booking. That’s when they sent out reference number to link up on MDE.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I think atd are great, they have good price, answer the phone quickly, reply to emails promptly and I’ve always had bookings confirmed and linked to mde within days! I don’t work for them I promise! Lol!
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have always found them very good. We wanted wilderness lodge courtyard room last year for this May when the free dining came out. Nothing on Disney at all only club level a day or so after ATD had courtyard rooms you had to ring them to book and we had confirmation 48hours later. They also take room requests but obviously can’t guarantee anything. Excellent service from them you can also pay in instalments online which is good too .
pdcdad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List