Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Apr 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Disney resort choices - help

We are looking to book 5 nights for next year with DDP. Just checking prices at mo and looking at POR and beach club. I know standard rooms are not available at POR with free dining plan so I’m assuming we’d need to go for royal room at £1280 plus upgrade cost of £350 for DDP so £1630. Beach resort is coming up at just over £2k. Anyone stayed at both and could give me some advice. I know they are 2 different types of accommodation but really stuck on whether it’s worth the extra spends?

Both look lovely resorts and only ever stayed at SSR. We were looking at OKW but it isn’t on website atm. Just wondering, if it becomes available whether it would be around the same as AKL which is coming out at £1810.

All info welcome, thank you.

Edited at 01:04 PM.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
We are looking to book 5 nights for next year with DDP. Just checking prices at mo and looking at POR and beach club. I know standard rooms are not available at POR with free dining plan so I’m assuming we’d need to go for royal room at £1280 plus upgrade cost of £350 for DDP so £1630. Beach resort is coming up at just over £2k. Anyone stayed at both and could give me some advice. I know they are 2 different types of accommodation but really stuck on whether it’s worth the extra spends?

Both look lovely resorts and only ever stayed at SSR. We were looking at OKW but it isn’t on website atm. Just wondering, if it becomes available whether it would be around the same as AKL which is coming out at £1810.

All info welcome, thank you.
I think it's such a personal thing. I suppose you have to ask how important a balcony is to you? BC has them POR doesn't. Do you want to be close to Epcot or DS? How much time will you be spending in your room? What type of resort pools would you like to have, BC has one of the best on property. POR has a great food court but then BC has the world showcase on it's door step for dining options.
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

You don’t have to go for a royal room at POR. It’s just the standard rooms that aren’t included so you could have a preferred room or garden/pool view which would be cheaper that a royal room.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
You don’t have to go for a royal room at POR. It’s just the standard rooms that aren’t included so you could have a preferred room or garden/pool view which would be cheaper that a royal room.
That sounds fab as that would bring the price of POR down again. I really like the look of the resort. Whenever we have looked at BC it always looks so busy there. SSR is such a large resort we have never felt it was too busy there. I’m liking the look of OKW also but no prices for studios on website atm due to DVC 11 month window I’m imagining. Also with it being the 4 of us, think OKW would give us more room also. I hate trying to decide.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Our last stay was at the boardwalk, if you like to park hop or perhaps just pop to Epcot in the evening for fireworks the beach club makes it possible! Our holiday was so easy at the boardwalk we could call into Epcot or Hollywood studios and never worry about the bus!
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We ve stayed at yacht club and are currently at POR, they both have good points -at yacht club it was great to have a balcony to sit out in the evenings and the location was brilliant as you can walk to Epcot and HS
POR has a better food court and a is spacious and pretty with more pool options. It was nice getting to boat to springs in the evening.
Room wise, not much in it apart from the balcony
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We ve stayed at yacht club and are currently at POR, they both have good points -at yacht club it was great to have a balcony to sit out in the evenings and the location was brilliant as you can walk to Epcot and HS
POR has a better food court and a is spacious and pretty with more pool options. It was nice getting to boat to springs in the evening.
Room wise, not much in it apart from the balcony
Thank you for this. It’s interesting and good to know there’s not much in it. To be honest we enjoyed having the balcony in SSR but only ended up sitting out there a couple of times.