Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Intrigued by envelopes for meals on the Dibb check list. Why?
I’m guessing for tips. We’ve taken envelopes for leaving housekeeping tips.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
I’m guessing for tips. We’ve taken envelopes for leaving housekeeping tips.
Thankyou, have never put tips in envelopes but it makes sense
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
You must have way more clothes than me. I’m on the Pooh side so I don’t have very many clothes and am going to buy some but basically so far it’s either white or black 3/4s with a t-shirt lol so probably won’t have much outfit matching to do.

Tried sorting the kids out yesterday but only half fits the eldest and youngest has too much cos of hand me downs
I bought lots of the children's clothes in the build up to one of our trips (3 months before), got to Florida and almost nothing fit my eldest! She hit puberty and went from a skinny twig of a thing to a little dumpling in those 3 months, I just hadn't noticed 🙈 it wasn't obvious until she tried to put shorts on that she couldn't even pull over her legs, she wasn't overweight just super skinny previously bless her. She had to rotate 2 pairs of shorts until we could find some for her. Definitely a good idea to check your sizing!

My most have item is a cross body bag or a bumbag. I like to keep my phone, purse etc close to me I can usually fit a small bottle of suncream and lip balm to save stopping every few minutes to get into the backpack.

We've got a variety of bags, DH has one from mountain warehouse, i have my cath kidston x Disney crossbody bag, dds will both have small backpacks Disney designs a few essentials phone, purse, water bottle, ponchos. DH will probably have snacks for ds once we're offsite.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marriner1965
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
For the night before, I pack the travel outfit in the front pocket of the suitcase (so a fresh tshirt, socks and undies). Dirty clothes come off and go straight in that pocket swapped for the clean ones. So no rummaging!

Packing cubes are an essential for me to keep the suitcases organised.

My number 1 packing tip which I use myself to help restrain overpacking, is first of all write a list of all the clothing items you might take- so for shorts you might say my blue denim ones, my pink linen ones, etc.

Then I write out what we're doing every day, and an outfit I might wear to do that. Now I'm not saying that is the outfit I will definitely wear- I'm a type A planner but not quite that bad- it's just for the exercise.

In doing that you will find out if you have any items you are struggling to pair- so if you never list those pink linen shorts as part of an outfit, they don't need to come.
You will also see if you are packing not enough or way too much of anything- if 6 T-shirts on the list never get paired, they don't need to come.

And then the really hard part- once you have that slimmed down efficient packing list, try to avoid throwing those 6 t-shirts back in 'just in case'!
Were down to 9 days just about got there will pack this weekend then not have to think about it all week lol 🌞🌞
marriner1965 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List