Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Mar 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

How many nights can you book when 7 month window opens?

We have just purchased DVC at CCV. We are hoping to stay at Aulani next August and have 600 points available (including banking and borrowing).

The 7 month window will open in Jsnuary but when it does, how many nights in a row can I book on the day it opens? Can I book 10 nights or can I only book each night daily and have to add on each day until I’ve added 10 days?

This will be my first time booking myself because Disney have booked my trip for this August.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You can book 7, you don't need to add on each day as the room is 'yours' for the entire 7 days. Anyone else will not be able to book after you until the 8th day rolls around.

After the initial 7 you can add one day at a time, each day, or all the days you need (another 3) on the 3rd day.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Thank you. Do I need to ‘walk’ the booking (not that I understand it fully) or is that not necessary?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I don't know the demand on Aulani in January, but I wouldn't have thought that walking would be necessary.

I've never walked a booking in 17 years of ownership, my understanding is that it's just the hugely popular dates (Independence day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, NY etc.) although I do appreciate that demand has grown over the years.

Good luck, Hawaii is so stunning (I've not stayed at Aulani, only the Big island)

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I don't know the demand on Aulani in January, but I wouldn't have thought that walking would be necessary.

I've never walked a booking in 17 years of ownership, my understanding is that it's just the hugely popular dates (Independence day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, NY etc.) although I do appreciate that demand has grown over the years.

Good luck, Hawaii is so stunning (I've not stayed at Aulani, only the Big island)
Thank you. We will be staying in August, but at the end when it’s quieter. I had a look in February this year (that was when I had access for DVC availability) and the last 2 weeks of August had good availability. Even now I can get availability from 20/21st August on some rooms and the last week of August is fully available.

We would like 2 studios (any view) ideally but can book a 2 bed if the studios go quickly. We have enough points, it would just be nice not to have to borrow the extra 100-150 points to stay for the same duration.
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

As long as you're not worried about view you should be fine! I've just done a booking for October and I found standard view almost impossible to get. Pool view seems to go second as this is the next smallest category. There are more ocean view than anything else so these are the easiest.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
As long as you're not worried about view you should be fine! I've just done a booking for October and I found standard view almost impossible to get. Pool view seems to go second as this is the next smallest category. There are more ocean view than anything else so these are the easiest.
Thank you. 2 x Ocean view studios would be the about the same points as a standard/island view 2 bed. I’ll just keep all our options open (all studios plus Standard/Island view 2 bed) and hopefully we’ll get something.

Can you book 2 rooms online?
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Walking at 7 months doesn’t really work, as any resort owner with 11 months booking window can come right in and take your next day. Really only works at 11 month window.
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’d be amazed if you weren’t fine - I’ve always found OV availability wide open at Aulani, even closer than seven months. My only caveat is if there is something special taking place when you’re doing (eg a DCL cruise departs during your stay meaning more people wanting Disney than usual will be at Aulani).
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’d be amazed if you weren’t fine - I’ve always found OV availability wide open at Aulani, even closer than seven months. My only caveat is if there is something special taking place when you’re doing (eg a DCL cruise departs during your stay meaning more people wanting Disney than usual will be at Aulani).
Thank you, at the moment on DCL page the Hawaii cruises for 2020 are in April & May. Hopefully it stays that way and August is clear