Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by harbers View Post
Thanks SL
I was under the impression that the best way to get into LA was to miss the morning rush hour and target 10.00 when it would be quieter - I know that is relative..
Are you suggesting it would be busier, as if so we would certainly have to change our thoughts.
Thanks also for the reverse option, may look into that a little more
It’s busy pretty much constantly specially in the week
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Highlight of our last 2 trips whale watching , keep Monterey at 2 n if possible.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
harbers
a Friend of the DIBB

Many thanks for all your comments
I wish we had booked for another night ... but no doubt if we had we would find another something we wouldn’t want to miss ...
So i’m thinking we pass on Kings/Sequoia which then gives us time to properly ”do” the PCH and still have 2 nights in Monterey at the end of the trip.
As good as Kings/Sequoia sounds I’m guessing we can see the big trees at Mariposa Grove, and having done Yosemite we will have seen the Greatest of the National parks.
Now need to look at changing some accommodation plans.
Quick final question, would you recommend stopping in Santa Barbara or Santa Maria area on the way back up the PCH as we will then have our already booked stop in Cambria before finishing with 2 nights in Monterey - the whale watching is then back on 😏
I’m thinking of leaving Santa Monica early/mid pm and then heading north, so not sure we would get to Santa Maria area.
Thanks again for any comments.
harbers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Santa Barbara, Santa Maria is not nice. It’s an agricultural town with a gang problem.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List