Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Apr 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile Universal but no Disney?

My children have no idea we’re planning a trip to Florida next year and earlier my son asked to go to Harry Potter World, so I casually asked if given a choice would he go to Disney or Universal and he said universal (both the older 2 did).
They’ve both done DLP but ds3 hasn’t.
I’d been planning just Disney but now wondering if should do just universal and sea world (we’ll be in Tampa initially so could do Busch Gardens on the 3 park ticket) as they would enjoy it more.
Well only be there 9 days and dh isn’t massively into theme parks so was planning a few things away from parks anyway so definitely not doing both, plus tickets are super expensive for a family of 5.
If it helps my kids (all boys) will be 10, 10 & 3 when we travel.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Its a personal preference. Watch all the rides on Youtube and decide whats right.
Stay in a Universal Deluxe hotel and get the express passes, well worth it if doing universal.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We done this last year and are also doing it this year. We did squeeze in a bit of Disney as we went to MNSSHP last year. Both last year and this we have booked 2 nights at the RPR hotel so will get the express passes for Universal.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you don’t stay on site is there still a fast pass system that can be used? We are Looking at staying in a villa for the extra space.
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

We are doing universal instead of Disney this year, it is too expensive to do both(eldest is a big harry potter fan). There is not as much for younger kids(mine was 2 when we went and will be 4 this year) but I find factoring pool time keeps my younger ones happy anyway.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

How many are in your party? I just got back from a Universal only trip (with KSC and Disney Springs thrown in to round out) and stayed in a King Suite at Royal Pacific. A little more room than a standard room (kids get their own room, parents get their own room).

Might be something to look at. Plus, staying at RPR gets you FOLP.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wizz View Post
If you don’t stay on site is there still a fast pass system that can be used? We are Looking at staying in a villa for the extra space.
You can buy the universal fast passes but it usually works out cheaper to stay in the hotel particularly for a large family. One night gets you two days of fast passes. We also stay in a villa but do a night or two at the hotel as we are a family of 5.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi. We're first timers, and planning the same. Our boys are 10 & 8. I'd originally booked a Uni & Dis combo ticket but have since changed it to just Universal. We wanted to do DC also, and our tickets came with 14 days access to Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. We can't fit everything into 2 weeks, so cancelled the Disney pass. If we feel we're missing out when we're there then we'll go to MK just for the day - or even just as far as Disney Springs for the feel of it.
We're villa based but looking at a Universal hotel for the night also - will have a look nearer the time. It all adds up doesn't it!
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you for all the helpful advice. Have priced up a Universal hotel for 1nt and we could make a saving of around £200 over buying express passes seperate, it’s bonkers.
Definitely given me lots to think about.
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just looked again and saving is actually about £700 as express is bought in single days and a 1nt stay at a hotel gives you 2 days.
Think that’s right, I priced based on my actual dates (Easter 2020).