Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Apr 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie7376
Earning More Ears

Mobile Help me to decide please! 1900 PF and Chef Mickeys for dinner

I’ve almost finished my detailed plans, yay! We’ve done CM before for breakfast (myself and DS age 10), we both love it and are doing it again. We’ve not previously done 1900 PF, so I’ve booked it for breakfast also this time (we both love buffet breakfasts).

I’m deciding between final ADRs. I’ve pencilled in Yak & Yeti - never been there and I love the look of the food. DS will just have burger/chicken if we go there. He’ll be happy with this but wouldn’t be ‘special’ for him.

I’m pondering over replacing this with a Chef Mickeys or 1900 PF dinner. We’ve never done either. DS has suggested CM as he loves it there, but I think he might be nonplussed with the dinner buffet choices in reality.

Can I seek your experience and views over choosing between these 3 for dinner?
Leebie7376 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jaccuziman
Very Serious Dibber

It's all personal taste ?
But I as an adult, much prefer the food at 1900pf.
I feel there is a more varied selection of dishes, and although still a buffet, I feel the quality is better.
Incidentally our 2 daughters (7+5) preferred the character interaction at 1900pf as well, but then so did I.
I had the 2 sisters flirting with me !
The wife thought it was hilarious

Edited at 07:25 PM.
jaccuziman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I guess with different characters at breakfast and dinner 1900 park fare may offer a different experience. Personally I think chef Mickey would just feel the same if going even at different times.

Personally I’d go to yak and yeti as it’s somewhere different and we’ve enjoyed our dining there.

Out of the 3 if I had to choose 1 it would be 1900 park fare. I really love the characters there, feel it’s a more intimate setting and good food.

Enjoy whatever you decide!
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I don’t like dinner buffets, but 1900 PF was a revelation.

The food quality was better than some of the waiter service places we went to. There was lots of choice and the kids were well catered for too.

I had salmon which literally fell apart it was so well cooked, plus beef that was so tender. Their green beans came with an amazing dressing. The salads were all lovely too.

We did have an opening time adr though, so everything was fresh out.

Character interaction was one of the best too.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

if your already doing CM for breakfast I wouldn't double up though personally we prefer dinner

1900 park fare was really good character interaction was great the ugly sisters were so funny and its a good way to meet characters you don't usually see but ds(8 at the time) wasn't fussed about the characters and didn't want to do photos ect so might be worth considering if it would really appeal to your ds

Yak & yeti is really good and would probably be my choice as its one of my must do's but yes I would agree its not really that special from a kids point of view

There are lots of other character meals if that is your preference does he have any favourite characters?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

1900 PF dinner is excellent. Definitely the best dinner buffet on property IMO anyway and I have done them all multiple times. But best are the characters. The Ugly Sisters are hysterical. Very fun for a 10 year old.
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Jumping in sorry
Would 1900 PF be ok for 2 adults for dinner, we have done a few character breakfasts but haven't done a dinner with characters unless you count BOG, I just love the sound of it and was thinking of booking breakfast but al, your comments are making me think dinner would be better?
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie7376
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks all that’s really helpful, I think I’ll rule out the CM dinner. I might do both 1900 PF & Y&Y depending on TS credits, they both sound good.

Mandco he probably likes Pluto best, we’re already going to Tusker House & Crystal Palace. DS always surprises me in Disney, he’s normally very reserved but will happily pose with all the Disney characters on holiday & seems to enjoy it all going on around him!
Leebie7376 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
Jumping in sorry
Would 1900 PF be ok for 2 adults for dinner, we have done a few character breakfasts but haven't done a dinner with characters unless you count BOG, I just love the sound of it and was thinking of booking breakfast but al, your comments are making me think dinner would be better?
Absolutely. They will make just as much fuss of you! I’ve been with my DD aged 15 so not an adult but not a child either. She still does the characters like when she was five !
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List