Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Oh this is exactly what I didn't want to hear! If my initial flight is delayed and the staff say connections will be fine I think I will be insisting on that in writing! Have a good time OP
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Have a great holiday. You will have to update us all later regarding the compensation and let us know how the rest of your holiday goes
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Safe travels.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccleberry
Excited about Disney

Have fab trip x
Beccleberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes have a great holiday.

This is the form to fill in on AerLingus to make your claim. The issue is EU261

aerlingus/support/fo...ravel-enquiry/

It only shows 1 flight number but if you click the + next to the flight line it will add another one so you can put in both flight numbers for yesterday (Man-Dub, Dub-Mco) then in comments add missed connection due to late flight departure from Manchester and 24 hours late arriving at final ticketed destination (MCO).

Edited at 10:59 PM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Have a great time
Virgin got back to me today (claim put in on Monday). Plane was 4 hours and 1 min late. They have agreed compensation and it will take 10 days to get to my account.
It was really simple just remember to put your claim in and also watch your emails because after they confirm you only have 21 days or the offer will expire.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry you’ve had this experience, and hope you have a great trip.

I just wanted to add that we were delayed last August inbound from MCO-DUB-LHR. The plane had no crew (!). Although some time was made up we missed our onward connection and arrived at LHR just shy of 4 hours late.
No mention was made of compensation but we did get meal vouchers at Dublin, and as pp have said AL were very efficient at rebooking the connecting flight.

When we got home I screenshot flightradar and made sure I had all the boarding cards. Then submitted my claim using the Resolver service via MSE. A couple of weeks later received a cheque for €600 pp. A good result for us, but it didn’t impact on our holiday.

I think travelling via DUB is a good option, but worth considering how many flights are scheduled to your destination. AL fly once a day to MCO (and not even everyday), so generous connections are needed. On the other hand there are plenty of New York options so shorter connections are less risky. Same for inbound - we use LHR and it’s like a bus service, but regional airports are less well-served.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Have a great time
Virgin got back to me today (claim put in on Monday). Plane was 4 hours and 1 min late. They have agreed compensation and it will take 10 days to get to my account.
It was really simple just remember to put your claim in and also watch your emails because after they confirm you only have 21 days or the offer will expire.
That’s great news all towards the next hol 😂
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Yes have a great holiday.

This is the form to fill in on AerLingus to make your claim. The issue is EU261

aerlingus/support/fo...ravel-enquiry/

It only shows 1 flight number but if you click the + next to the flight line it will add another one so you can put in both flight numbers for yesterday (Man-Dub, Dub-Mco) then in comments add missed connection due to late flight departure from Manchester and 24 hours late arriving at final ticketed destination (MCO).
Thank u so much for this. Will do this when I get bk
Old 18 Apr 19, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your advice and help and to say we have arrived
Flew yesterday and preclearance at Dublin was fab.We timed it from going thru security to getting thru immigration and it was 45 mins but it wasn’t very busy.
I will definitely keep you posted about my claim!
Went to Clearwater today which was lovely and the weather is amazing.There is no place like here