Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Me too, I'm very late in starting to read.

Your plans sound fab Melissa, we would all be really excited at going on that plane too.

My Mum said the same about the tickets the first year she bought them for WDW - they got them from the Disney Store, spent nearly £1000 and walked out with a tiny bag with the tickets in.x
Thanks Lisa. I feel your Mum's pain. Even a bit of laminate wouldn't have gone amiss!

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Aha - Pumba's located!

It's like reading a different language - very brave escaping the Florida comfort zone - sure you will be rewarded!

My 50th soon...and our 25th Wedding Anniversary, the air miles are accumulating, lets see if you can turn our heads (current idea is a no kids Orlando / beach hol split).

Will be following your adventures with interest...
Haha. I know! Watch this space...

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Mini update

After G's excitement of flying on the A380, we recently saw this in Hamley's in London which made us smile. For that price I'd prefer to buy an actual ticket instead! ✈️

This week we received some magical mail - our Disneyland tickets arrived!

The most expensive cardboard! We finally opted for 4 day tickets (non hopper) direct from Disney. After a lot of researching and discussion these were our best option. We paid in dollars and with the exchange rate they cost us £209 each x 4 = £836. Think we also got a little lucky with the recent spike in exchange rates. We saved more money by not choosing the hopper tickets, which will pay for our day trip to Knotts Berry Farm. From activation we have 13 days to use them (don't have to be consecutive) so planning on using them on our first two and last two days in Anaheim.

Whilst researching we have discovered that in the last 3 years Disney have increased their ticket prices in February, hence why we decided to buy now.

With 6 months to go, our plans are starting to come together. Still need to buy our Warner Brothers Studio tour and Knotts Berry Farm tickets. Buy direct or elsewhere? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

M x
We were supposed to fly on the A380 to Miami a few years ago and I was gutted when they changed it to a smaller plane - we had seats upstairs and everything! x
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
We were supposed to fly on the A380 to Miami a few years ago and I was gutted when they changed it to a smaller plane - we had seats upstairs and everything! x
Oh no. G will be too if that happens! Hope all your plans are falling into place. Catch up soon.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Update 2.

Update 2

Can't believe how fast the weeks are flying past now. The excitement is building and it doesn't seem possible our west coast adventure is only 2 pay days away!

Updates/tick list so far...

One new Passport ✔️
New Esta's x2 ✔️
New suitcase ✔️
Annual holiday insurance renewed ✔️
BA fly drive balance paid✔️
Hours spent drooling over menus ✔️
Itinerary finalised as much as possible! ✔️
Rechecked and continued researching (many times!) booking.com, home&away, Airbnb and still sticking with our original hotel bookings! ✔️
Just to add - our hotels also include free parking and breakfast. The parking charges can really add up on the West Coast.

I normally only use my own photos but often think pictures speak louder than words, so can't wait till we are here and can explore...

LA

Joshua Tree National Park

San Diego

And finally Anaheim.

In my head and heart we are doing this! 😂😂

In reality I'm NOT as still need to do the following -

• Purchase Warner Brothers studio tour tickets

• Buy Palm Springs Aerial tramway tickets.

• Buy Knotts Berry Farm tickets.

• Buy holiday clothes/shoes, packing cubes etc etc

• AND finalise Birthday Plans.

After hours of research and trying to get to grips with all things new at Disneyland, finally decided on the World of Color Dining Package, having lunch (preferred the menu) at Carthay Circle. Went to book at 60 days but dates still not available for August. We could book a normal ADR and other dinner packages are available but the latter with dinner is $99 per person. This is double the cost of lunch.

Really like the look of Paint the Night which is on at 8.50pm and maybe we will try and get a Fastpass for World of Color at 10.15pm.

I'd be happy just eating a Mickey ice-cream to be honest!

Instagram: deliciousdisneydelights

Thanks for reading!

Melissa x

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Lightbulb

Great update Melissa. You must all be so excited!
We loved the Paint the night parade and World of colour. We didn't have a fast pass for either and didn't have any problems.
I'd recommend you visit the Griffith Observatory at night, beautiful views of LA. We drove around fine with a satnav, didn't have any issues. Enjoy the build up xxx
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Great update Melissa. You must all be so excited!
We loved the Paint the night parade and World of colour. We didn't have a fast pass for either and didn't have any problems.
I'd recommend you visit the Griffith Observatory at night, beautiful views of LA. We drove around fine with a satnav, didn't have any issues. Enjoy the build up xxx
Thanks Nicky. That's reassuring to know.

We are planning on going there but didn't think about going at night. Will see if we can juggle things around.

M x
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to reading your trip report! Regards x
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
Looking forward to reading your trip report! Regards x
Thanks for following along.
Hope you are both well.

M x
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Update 3

Update 3

There's been a flurry of activity since update 2. Decided to document as we go along due to how busy we are as 1) may forget! or 2) run out of time with the hustle & bustle of both of us working full time and juggling end of school term activities and club events etc!

So, we've finally booked our Warner Brothers Studio Tour for our first morning. Spent a long time checking prices with the LA Go Card and booking direct but finally the best and cheapest option was with Attraction Tickets. Total cost £162 for 3 adults and 1 child. We are all really looking forward to this.

We also decided to pay for our seat allocation with BA for peace of mind of sitting together. An extra £228 lighter for the cheap seats! Opted for 4 together in the middle upstairs on the way there (on the A380) and again the middle seats near the back (on the 747). I normally prefer a window seat, but the cost pushed this up to £552. Couldn't justify that just to look at blue sky, clouds & sometimes the blind! It's just a means to an end.

G did phone BA to enquire about upgrading to PE as a birthday treat but was quoted just under £4000! Errr... no thanks. We could go on another holiday for that price.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
We've also booked our first ADR in Disneyland. Breakfast at Carnation Cafe on our last morning in the parks, so I can get my Mickey Waffle fix! Lots of dates and times available which is slightly different to some of our experiences of booking ADR's in WDW/Florida with military precision.

TFR.

M x

Edited at 08:33 PM.