Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Jan 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

HELP! First timer Nov 19 and struggling

Hi

We are booked for two weeks on 2 Nov flying from Manchester,
Me, DH, DS(14) DD(12), this is our first time, we are staying off site in a villa at Sunset Ridge, with hire car.
I have no clue where to start, feel so overwhelmed. This will be a one off holiday as we have saved a long time for this, my DS will have his 15th Birthday while we are there on the 11th and would like to know if any special things,ideas etc we could do?
Also how on earth do I start the itineray? like I said, not a clue! would really appreciate any advice suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Mickey74 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mickey74 View Post
Hi

We are booked for two weeks on 2 Nov flying from Manchester,
Me, DH, DS(14) DD(12), this is our first time, we are staying off site in a villa at Sunset Ridge, with hire car.
I have no clue where to start, feel so overwhelmed. This will be a one off holiday as we have saved a long time for this, my DS will have his 15th Birthday while we are there on the 11th and would like to know if any special things,ideas etc we could do?
Also how on earth do I start the itineray? like I said, not a clue! would really appreciate any advice suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Okay breathe

I’d start looking at the parks. Decide which ones you want to do and start there
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I agree, first of all have you bought tickets already for any of the parks? If not which do you want to do? Will you want to do water parks?
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks for your replies,
haven't bought tickets as yet, but we would like to do/see as much as possible, Disney,Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove(dolphin swim) and have decided Volcano Bay as our water Park(that's about the only thing we have decided!)
Also something special for ds 15th birthday.
I know i'm panicking and it's ages away but so excited and want everything to go well.
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickey74 View Post
Thanks for your replies,
haven't bought tickets as yet, but we would like to do/see as much as possible, Disney,Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove(dolphin swim) and have decided Volcano Bay as our water Park(that's about the only thing we have decided!)
Also something special for ds 15th birthday.
I know i'm panicking and it's ages away but so excited and want everything to go well.
In that case. Check out ticket prices for parks. In my experience money focuses the mind.

Read carefully about sizes of parks. Fast passes Disney universal etc familiarise yourself with the parks

Write down every day

Allocate a day out everyday

Stand back
Leave it and then review.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

I wonder how many of us have said "it is a one-off holiday" the first time we went to Orlando. We said it in 1992. Can't seem to stay away.
Hope you have a great time, people on the Dibb will answer any questions you have.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

Thank you very much Tinkerbell and Cosworth, I'll start writing things down and i'm sure I'll have lots more questions for you more experienced Dibbers!
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Alot will depend on your ticket budget. Believe me it won't be a one off Florida holiday. Think we all said that the first time we booked. May be a few years in-between going again due to finances for alot of us but once you've been you will want to go again.
First time we went we did Disney, universal, wet and wild( now gone) Busch gardens ,SeaWorld , wonderworks , SeaWorld. And a day shopping. Managed it in 2 weeks just.
Wouldn't do that again as you needed another holiday to recover! Lol
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Get yourself on You Tube & have a look at ride videos & park tours, they'll give you an idea of what the parks are like & also which rides you all want to do or not do.
You'll also be there when Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is running so you may want to do that, again there are loads of YT videos with details of what goes on.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How are you getting on op ?
Just a tip , if you try to do everything you will see very little . Pace yourself . It’s a huge place ( the size of greater Manchester) so consider travel time to the parks as well from your base .
You don’t really need tickets for everything and it will be costly if you do.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List