Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Apr 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
useful thread! I’m definitely all about the cocktails, but DD (now 15) is really excited to find more places with good drinks. Last year we were DDP so she had some lovely mocktails with TS meals. This year we are QSDP so we’ll be watching this thread with interest!
The food court at Port Orleans Riverside did lovely ice cream milkshakes as a drink option last time (previously a snack credit).
Not a milkshake BUT... my daughter (15) is obsessed with “pink drink” from Starbucks in the Park. It’s not on the menu so your daughter will have to google it to see it. It’s an Instagram fave and bloggers are always posting arty photos of it in the parks. I think you can get this with the use of a snack credit (may be wrong, never done dining plan).
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I remember buying frozen slush from Woody’s lunchbox at HS and they are a good QS dining location. Sunshine seasons food court in Epcot have a wonderful selection of different food types and drinks, you might have some luck there. Also, maybe a hot drink if you’re a coffee or tea drinker might be a good substitute in a takeaway mug for value? I was even drinking hot tea last August there in the heat wave as I found it quite refreshing and I can’t live without my tea!
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I am curious why you feel you must get a specialty beverage unless you really want one for yourself. I do not do a dining plan because my appetite is small and I don't eat as much food as there is on a plan. If you are paying and worried that you need to maximize the value, perhaps a plan isn't for you either. If you are getting it free, I would not waste the energy worrying about getting the most-get what you want and like and enjoy. That's more the idea than to see how much you can get from Disney.
The issue for me is that if I am not getting a drink at the meals because I don't like soda and I don't drink alcohol - it feels a waste of a drink value at every meal. Someone should benefit if possible as it is already priced into the plan costs.

I would much rather be able to change my drink for a side/snack credit of some kind but in the parks it seems difficult to do.

I also think that when a big fuss about extra benefit is added (while at the same time taking away a dessert/side as part of the plan) such as an expensive alcoholic drink it frustrates me that for those who don't drink we aren't getting the benefit. Considering the prevalence of alcoholic drinks now in the parks at quick service venues compared to years before where booze was very difficult to find (in MK particularly) it annoys me that it looks like an equivalent value hasn't been added to the options round the parks for non alcohol.

I would much rather donate my drink at meal times to someone who would like it or benefit.

When we were last on the qsdp we ended up buying the meals for the family behind us saving them close to $100 on our last day as we had credits a plenty.

There are plenty of threads and comments about how Disney is pricing the park and cutting services to make money. The ability to maximise the meal plan to benefit myself or others seems a good way to even the balance sheet just a little.

Anyway reading back all the above it comes across as a bit moralising that wasn't my intention! But I can't figure out how to make the tone lighter!
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

You can get milkshakes at bill & min's dockside diner in Hollywood studios with your meal. They also do a kahlua & cream milkshake if alcohol added is your preference
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
Not a milkshake BUT... my daughter (15) is obsessed with “pink drink” from Starbucks in the Park. It’s not on the menu so your daughter will have to google it to see it. It’s an Instagram fave and bloggers are always posting arty photos of it in the parks. I think you can get this with the use of a snack credit (may be wrong, never done dining plan).
I’ll look into this! Thank you for the tip!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzymum23 View Post
You can get milkshakes at bill & min's dockside diner in Hollywood studios with your meal. They also do a kahlua & cream milkshake if alcohol added is your preference
Added to the list of places we might eat! Thanks!
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List