Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Feb 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Is this an ok itinerary for first-timers?

Our first visit to Disney is for 2 weeks in august as a family of 5 with 3 kids aged 9-14 as of when we go. We've got to book dining reservations in a few days and we are on the regular disney dining plan. Staying in POR so it is easy to boat over to disney springs for evening meals (I think?). Put weekends in bold to give some structure. This is our proposed itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive late from airport so maybe hit pools for evening.
Day 2: MK (ADR - Crystal Palace), DS for evening meal (Blaze Pizza)
Day 3: Epcot (ADR - Coral Reef)
Day 4: TL (ADR - Planet Hollywood in DS for evening)
Day 5: AK (ADR - Tusker House)
Day 6: Rest Day (ADR - Garden Grill)
Day 7: Visit our favourite park so far again. (ADR - Chef Mickey's)

Day 8: HS (ADR - 50s Prime Time)
Day 9: MK (ADR - Be Our Guest for QS lunch and Skipper canteen)
Day 10: BB then go to MK in evening to watch fireworks from Cinderella's Royal Table (thoughts on this?)
Day 11: AK (ADR - Rainforest Cafe)
Day 12: HS (ADR - Mama Melrose's)
Day 13: Rest Day (ADR - 1900 Park Fare)
Day 14: Epcot (ADR - Via Napoli)

Day 15: Go home

Edited at 08:38 AM. Reason: Mistake
hbmip_disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I think that looks like a very sensible plan. Not too busy, which is important in the summer with the heat. Your adrs choices are pretty solid too.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Please do not underestimate how tired you will all be especially for the first few days. You will be awake very early too so suggest straight into the parks for rope drop. You wont last for late evenings and you may find everyone is very grouchy if you have 7-8pm dinner reservations.

All the parks are quieter the earlier you get there. Suggest you go to all parks early. Have lunch, back to hotel for swim and rest and out again in the evening. Try and pace yourselves. The heat will also be intense don’t forget.

If you are driving it will take at least 30 minutes to get from your car to the walk in entrance of Magic Kingdom too. Plus you also have security bag checks.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Queen of Herts View Post
Please do not underestimate how tired you will all be especially for the first few days. You will be awake very early too so suggest straight into the parks for rope drop. You wont last for late evenings and you may find everyone is very grouchy if you have 7-8pm dinner reservations.

All the parks are quieter the earlier you get there. Suggest you go to all parks early. Have lunch, back to hotel for swim and rest and out again in the evening. Try and pace yourselves. The heat will also be intense don’t forget.

If you are driving it will take at least 30 minutes to get from your car to the walk in entrance of Magic Kingdom too. Plus you also have security bag checks.
Yes we were thinking of going to parks early and then doing evening show in the second week when we’ve adjusted to the time zone. Going to be travelling around by the Disney buses. Going to aim for dinner ADRs about 6pm apart from one much later at Cinderella’s Royal Table to sit in there and watch fireworks.
hbmip_disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I think that looks like a very sensible plan. Not too busy, which is important in the summer with the heat. Your adrs choices are pretty solid too.

Kat
Thank you, just hoping we can manage to get all the ADRs we’re hoping for!
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not sure I'd try and watch the fireworks during a CRT meal. I'd eat and then watch from the hub.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I'm not sure I'd try and watch the fireworks during a CRT meal. I'd eat and then watch from the hub.
Ok I wasn’t sure but I have read that you can get a good view from there. Where exactly is the hub? Is it where everyone else is, or are there any other good places to view the fireworks that don’t involve waiting for ages beforehand.
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Sounds good we always hit MK on our first day as we are up early but we leave before the afternoon parade, go back to the hotel for a rest so we can reboot ourselves for our evening meal.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hbmip_disney
Gone all Goofy

hbmip_disney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Sounds good we always hit MK on our first day as we are up early but we leave before the afternoon parade, go back to the hotel for a rest so we can reboot ourselves for our evening meal.
Imagine that we will be up early as will. We are hoping to eat at blaze pizza in DS on that night so we will probably leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for a quick rest before dinner. We will have hopefully (if I can get ADR when they open tomorrow) be eating at Crystal Palace.