Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Feb 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile Where to purchase a fold up bed for RPR.

Hi all

We have got 6 nights booked at the Royal Pacific and understand that if we use their rollaway beds there will be a surcharge of $25 per night...this alongside a $22 per night car parking charge will be costly.

I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a roll away bed or blow up bed specifically to avoid paying the charge.

If so where did you get it from?

Thanks in advance
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am not sure you are allowed to do this... the addtitional charge maybe for the extra person ...ie 5 in a room?
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Amazon? Walmart? haven't done this ourselves but have considered it to solve the "I'm not sharing with her" argument
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We're a family of 4 and asked for one when we checked in, explaining that our teen son and daughter didn't want to share, and got one free of charge.

We've taken blow up beds in our case before though, just in case we don't get Murphy beds at our Disney resort.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Would the person on the inflatable bed get passes for the parks? Or is that not linked to number of beds/persons in the room ?

Also, you'd need to factor in purchase of sheets, pillows, duvets I assume. Is it worth the hassle if total cost difference is far less than £100?

Edited at 06:04 PM.
Northerndave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Would the person on the inflatable bed get passes for the parks? Or is that not linked to number of beds/persons in the room ?

Also, you'd need to factor in purchase of sheets, pillows, duvets I assume. Is it worth the hassle if total cost difference is far less than £100?
I'm really not sure how it works to be honest. The last time we stayed in a Universal Hotel my three children were young enough to share one queen bed by top and tailing and it was only for 1 night.

Have just been pricing up the fold up beds on Walmart and Amazon and to be honest, I think i will just pay the $25 per night charge. We are staying club level so I may be cheeky and ask if we could get a discounted rate
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We're a family of 4 and asked for one when we checked in, explaining that our teen son and daughter didn't want to share, and got one free of charge.

We've taken blow up beds in our case before though, just in case we don't get Murphy beds at our Disney resort.
Thanks loves2plan, I dont think I could get away with it being a family of 5. You never know, they may offer us one free of charge anyway
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie1972
Having Dinner with Goofy

I bought an electric blow up bed from Tesco last year to take with us.DD(11) used it at Royal Pacific and Port Orleans both hotels were happy to give us extra bedding. We left it behind at the end of the hols no room in suitcases. It only cost £15 and when we got home we went and got another one ready for this year, best £15 ever spent no more arguments about sharing beds.
Minnie1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie1972 View Post
I bought an electric blow up bed from Tesco last year to take with us.DD(11) used it at Royal Pacific and Port Orleans both hotels were happy to give us extra bedding. We left it behind at the end of the hols no room in suitcases. It only cost £15 and when we got home we went and got another one ready for this year, best £15 ever spent no more arguments about sharing beds.
This might be an idea.

Did your children mind sleeping on the airbed for the time you were on holiday or did they alternate it? Just wondering if it would be comfortable enough for 6 nights
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie1972
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
This might be an idea.

Did your children mind sleeping on the airbed for the time you were on holiday or did they alternate it? Just wondering if it would be comfortable enough for 6 nights
DD loved sleeping on it no way was she going to let DS have it although he is 6ft so he wasn’t going to argue. We were there for 20 nights and she said it was very comfy never complained about it.
Minnie1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List