Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Arizona and Utah

Hi we are planning a trip (hopefully) to Arizona and Utah next year. Probably fly into Las Vegas and do the road trip from there. We have been to Vegas twice before always around March, and have been lucky with the weather. Seeing as we are gonna be doing a lot of driving and especially going to the canyons etc can anyone recommend a good time to go? Has anyone been and done this kinda of route before? Any info would be great thanks.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing this in 6 weeks.Hopefully weather will not be too hot then .We are flying into LV and visiting Grand Canyon,Page,Monument valley,Capitol Reef ,Canyonlands,Arches,Zion and Death Valley .A long trip but hopefully worth it!
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
KACY
Excited about Disney

We did this trip in May 17. It was glorious, sunny but not too hot. Cooler at nights. Wasn't crazy busy either. Would highly recommend the North Rim of GC.
KACY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We did this in 2017.
It was AMAZING!

We flew to Las Vegas, and from there did the 'Grand Circle' of Utah's Mighty Five national parks, we also visited The Grand Canyon for a second time (both times South Rim)

We visited the following parks;
Zion
Bryce
Capitol Reef
Moab
Arches
Canyonlands
Monument Valley (especially loved staying overnight here at The View hotel - just wow wow wow)
Lake Powell
Grand Canyon
We were going to do Antelope Canyon but decided against it at the very last minute.

Each park had something outstanding to see, a wow-a-minute, it really was.
Buy an annual pass at the first park you get to, it will save you money
We spent a week doing the tour stopping in a variety of places.
There was a lot of driving but it was mainly open roads and easy drives, plus my hubby loves driving in the US

We returned to Vegas for a few more days then went home after an outstanding holiday.
We are going to have to do it again one day for sure...

We went in October
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
We are doing this in 6 weeks.Hopefully weather will not be too hot then .We are flying into LV and visiting Grand Canyon,Page,Monument valley,Capitol Reef ,Canyonlands,Arches,Zion and Death Valley .A long trip but hopefully worth it!
Sounds wonderful will you be doing a TR?

Originally Posted by KACY View Post
We did this trip in May 17. It was glorious, sunny but not too hot. Cooler at nights. Wasn't crazy busy either. Would highly recommend the North Rim of GC.
I was thinking about May too sounds an ideal time.

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We did this in 2017.
It was AMAZING!

We flew to Las Vegas, and from there did the 'Grand Circle' of Utah's Mighty Five national parks, we also visited The Grand Canyon for a second time (both times South Rim)

We visited the following parks;
Zion
Bryce
Capitol Reef
Moab
Arches
Canyonlands
Monument Valley (especially loved staying overnight here at The View hotel - just wow wow wow)
Lake Powell
Grand Canyon
We were going to do Antelope Canyon but decided against it at the very last minute.

Each park had something outstanding to see, a wow-a-minute, it really was.
Buy an annual pass at the first park you get to, it will save you money
We spent a week doing the tour stopping in a variety of places.
There was a lot of driving but it was mainly open roads and easy drives, plus my hubby loves driving in the US

We returned to Vegas for a few more days then went home after an outstanding holiday.
We are going to have to do it again one day for sure...

We went in October
Wow sounds a great trip, all the places we would like to visit too. I’m excited about he planning lol
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I start off with the intention I will do a TR but never do ! I will try to this time !
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

We did a 3 week trip that included some of these places in Sept/Oct last year. Was simply awesome. Not sure how we can top it in future, and are thinking of revisiting and adding in some of the places we didn't do.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters

Edited at 12:15 PM.
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I was in Williams and Flagstaff a few weeks ago and it was cold , we had a lot of snow storms . For us it worked in our favour as we were there for Bearzonia and the bears all came out .
But it wouldn’t have been very pleasant to see the Canyon I’m sure . So it’s not something I’d do in March

But then when we got to Phoenix it was hot again .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve been to the places that Cloverlady mentions on a couple of occasions, we just love that part of the USA.
If you visit Arches and Canyonlands in Utah don’t miss out Dead Horse State Park, it is tiny compared to many but the view from the top is incomparable IMO.
Going against many, we much prefer these parks, also Zion and Bryce Canyon to the Grand Canyon. I think it is because you can interact with them, walk, explore and enjoy in a way you just cannot with GC.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I’ve been to the places that Cloverlady mentions on a couple of occasions, we just love that part of the USA.
If you visit Arches and Canyonlands in Utah don’t miss out Dead Horse State Park, it is tiny compared to many but the view from the top is incomparable IMO.
Going against many, we much prefer these parks, also Zion and Bryce Canyon to the Grand Canyon. I think it is because you can interact with them, walk, explore and enjoy in a way you just cannot with GC.
Oh yes, Dead Horse Point!
Agree, totally awesome views!

(But I read the story up there on the info boards and went away feeling so so sad )

I just wish I hadn't read that!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List