Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

New thread (sorry) on schedule change rights

So spoken to BA as they have given me 85 mins layover at Dublin which I don’t think is long enough (as per my previous post). They are saying no room on earlier flight - ringing again tomorrow but could someone pls explain IF we did miss connecting flight what is their responsibility financially. Do they pay for the overnight stay, food ect. Also what if a miss a day or two of my hols? These are worst case scenario as like a pp said they prob would hold the MCO flight bk but would like to know my rights as don’t want to be stuck in Dublin and get fobbed off.
TIA
Old 4 Apr 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would be asking for a flight the afternoon/evening before.

What happens totally depends on the reason for the delay. If it is something outside their control - e.g. weather, what you get is very limited. We have missed connections for weather and have had to pay for our own accommodation for example.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would be asking for a flight the afternoon/evening before.

What happens totally depends on the reason for the delay. If it is something outside their control - e.g. weather, what you get is very limited. We have missed connections for weather and have had to pay for our own accommodation for example.
Wow really? I thought they would be responsible. I suppose we must have always have been lucky never having a big delay. It was strange as I could see 2 earlier flights with AL that morning but as BA are code sharing with AL they said only 1 was a BA flight and economy was full(but when I try to book the flight independently there are seats). I’m going to ring tomorrow. If I get a choice the 2 options are a 3 hr layover or 6 hrs which would you opt for
Old 5 Apr 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd go the day before and treat it as a Dublin minibreak
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'd go the day before and treat it as a Dublin minibreak
Ha ha im always up for that
I’m going to see what they say today
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Fully agree with spill.
Last year I inbuilt some 5 hours into our journey LHR-DUB-MCO

We were stuck on Heathrow’s tarmac for three hours. Many got off due to the delay effecting their reasons to go there.

Sure they could put you (n the nextvdays plane if space is available, but your cabin class may not and you lose-at least a day of your holiday.

Better to get there with hours to spare than be rushing and panicking.

Yiu only gave 90 mins if your flight leaves on time.
Is that a 5 hr layover? I assume you made your flight? This is my worry with DUB only 1 flight a day so if I miss it it’s at least a day taken off my hol and then if I’m out of pocket paying for accommodation it’s def not the way to start a holiday!
Old 5 Apr 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Run
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

There are only direct flights from Dublin on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. If you miss your flight it’s not simply a case of losing a day, you’ll lose at least 2. Another reason why I’d be so concerned with the short transfer time.
Run is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Run View Post
There are only direct flights from Dublin on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. If you miss your flight it’s not simply a case of losing a day, you’ll lose at least 2. Another reason why I’d be so concerned with the short transfer time.
Dublin is a great airport for everything except one thing - missing a connection.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Wow really? I thought they would be responsible. I suppose we must have always have been lucky never having a big delay. It was strange as I could see 2 earlier flights with AL that morning but as BA are code sharing with AL they said only 1 was a BA flight and economy was full(but when I try to book the flight independently there are seats). I’m going to ring tomorrow. If I get a choice the 2 options are a 3 hr layover or 6 hrs which would you opt for

Not sure how you can expect an airline to be fully responsible for things outside their control like the weather.

I predicate my answer by saying I am not a risk taker when it comes to going on holidays. 3 or 6 hours - I would choose 6 every time.
Three extra hours is nothing in the context of a several week holiday.
Again, others would choose different. It depends on your additive to the risk.
Given a free choice, I would go the day before. We are in Ireland but when flying through London we would never connect the same day and always go the night before.
It is less of a problem connecting in the US as there are many flights and options to get you there. Much less so in GB and even less in Dublin.

Edited at 05:10 PM.
Old 5 Apr 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Spoken to Netflights who I have booked through and they say that BA will charge for me to move to an earlier flight . Apparently it’s sufficient time and they have accepted the change. Do you think this is correct? Anyone else managed to get a change when the schedule change is classed as ‘minor’. App I’m landing and departing from the same terminal so that should be alright they said. Would you guys call again? I thought it would be easy and they would just change it
TIA