Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Apr 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The $25 for parking has definitely affected the way we think about visiting parks, well certainly hasn't helped on top of the ticket prices themselves and exchange rate. We used to buy the 14 day ticket and dip in and out with only the odd long day. Dipping in and out suited my mother as she is older now and finds long days tiring but at $25 per day parking dipping in and out is now less attractive.

Last trip we only did Disney 2 days and to be honest it was enough, we enjoyed those days but also really enjoyed the freedom to do other bits and pieces that we kept wanting to do but didn't as we felt almost 'obliged' to use our 14 day tickets.

We are currently planning our next trip and as of now have no plans to do a Disney or Universal park at all. We might do SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch 14 day ticket as that 14 day tickets is only 126 euro and includes parking and I've never been to Busch.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
Originally Posted by lifes2comp View Post
So I remember it would be $12 and just paid in cash. Then $15, $20 Etc. The $20 was when it really started biting, and stopped paying in cash
That's exactly it. It was $20 the last time we had 14 day tickets and it didn't seem so bad until I was divvying up money and found myself putting $280 into an envelope for parking. Now at $25 that would be $350! Granted we didn't actually go all 14 days but we usually did about 10 days. I'm not used to having to pay so much for parking anywhere, even our 15 days airport parking (Dublin) is only 60 euro.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It is rather galling and a big factor in whether we bother with the parks any more. I remember the good old days of $5 parking, but it gets to me that the price rises are no longer a $1 at a time ☹️
If we do decide on Disney again one year, may consider upgrading 1 person to an AP, but for us, the parks are starting to price themselves out of what we consider as value for money.
Old 7 Apr 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stay offsite at a Hotel on I-drive that doesn't charge.

We will do maybe one Disney day, have free parking at SW and I am a Passholder at Universal for the free parking and related discounts.

Seems its $25 at all parks now (although I've read SeaWorld prices fluctuate, if you don't have it included)
May 2023 Rosen Int'l

Edited at 04:44 PM.
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I have annual passes for both WDW and Universal - I'll get 3 trips out of my Universal one and 1 out of the WDW one but once you add parking on my last trip (staying at the Swan) and discounts I'm ahead. My upgrade to AP for Disney was very cheap but I've had an AP before and made the most out of it.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

It wouldn’t be too bad if they offered reductions after 6pm ( or free like Universal). We love going in the evening and it’s a pain finding $25 for 3-4 hours
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We don't pay as we are either onsite or if offsite use the Annual Pass.

It shocks me whilst at the toll plazas to see all that cash being handed over.

However one thing I will say in the defence of WDW and others is the sheer cost of the parking surfaces. I reckon it would be in excess of $2 million to resurface the AK parking lot. Factor in all the staff to direct you and the costs are enormous. I doubt they get 3 years in that climate out of the tarmac.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We don't pay as we are either onsite or if offsite use the Annual Pass.

It shocks me whilst at the toll plazas to see all that cash being handed over.

However one thing I will say in the defence of WDW and others is the sheer cost of the parking surfaces. I reckon it would be in excess of $2 million to resurface the AK parking lot. Factor in all the staff to direct you and the costs are enormous. I doubt they get 3 years in that climate out of the tarmac.
….. ooooh I bet they get that back in Soft Toys from China though in 6 months. Or am I being cynical. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Doesn't bother us as we have APs and use our DVC when staying on site. Haven't paid for parking in years.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Doesn't bother us as we have APs and use our DVC when staying on site. Haven't paid for parking in years.
I guess they let you off parking after spending £’s on DVC dues and AP’s every year!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List