Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 11 Apr 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

My favourite was in Aylesbury High street, this man asked us for money so he could buy a cabbage!

Another occasion my friend gave a homeless man some money, as he was honest and said he wanted a can of special brew.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffkjk
Proud to wear my Ears

About 2 years ago, a well dressed lady came up to me when I was at the marina in Clearwater walking to Little Toot and asked me for money. Luckily I’d read on the Dibb forums about people begging here
cardiffkjk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
My favourite was in Aylesbury High street, this man asked us for money so he could buy a cabbage!

I've been asked for a cabbage in Aylesbury!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettyf
Gone all Goofy

Nettyf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Happened to us a few times this last visit in March, very sad that it’s getting like this, does make you feel slightly apprehensive about going. Slowly taking the shine off for me 🤷🏻
Nettyf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
norfmancblue
Gone all Goofy

If you think it’s bad in Orlando don’t ever consider going to Las Vegas
norfmancblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

can almost cope with beggers, found it hard in NY, people just " dead " on the pavements, of course they were not dead, just on drugs, speaking to a " drugs outreach worker " in 7-11 ( i spotted his T-shirt while both getting a giant slurpy ) about it, they have a very strong opiate that knocks them out for upto 15 hours
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
can almost cope with beggers, found it hard in NY, people just " dead " on the pavements, of course they were not dead, just on drugs, speaking to a " drugs outreach worker " in 7-11 ( i spotted his T-shirt while both getting a giant slurpy ) about it, they have a very strong opiate that knocks them out for upto 15 hours
Spice; an increasingly common occurrence on UK streets in certain areas over the last couple of years too.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My daughter used to live in Nice where the beggars had their own regular pitches .one even used to leave his stuff outside the supermarket where he sat and go for lunch
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
norfmancblue
Gone all Goofy

spice has been rife in Manchester for a couple of years now, turns people into the walking dead
the opiate abuse in the usa at the moment is the painkiller called fentanyl
norfmancblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Cardiff is really bad , they have tents all over the place about four in a row outside Miller and Carter, don’t bother sitting outside Tim hortons or Greggs they prey on you all the time.
I was going to a job interview last year and sat out Tim Horton’s in the sun with a coffee , was asked three times for ten pence, madam ... the last time two men came over identified themselves as undercover police and arrested the guy for aggressive begging.
I’ve also seen spice addicts near the railway station.
I used to love Cardiff but can’t stand the beggars now it’s overun.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List