Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Flown both VA and TC. I don't rate VA as much as others do, I find the aircraft overtired and overpriced where at the TC aircraft seem much more modern these days. On the IFE front VA is far superior but it depends on what is important to you - we always go on price!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

We have flown Thomas Cook for our last 2 trips, and will be using them again at the end of the month

In my opinion their economy is far superior to both Virgin and Tui.
  • Better seat configuration - 2>4>2
  • More leg room
  • Good in-flight entertainment - especially if you upgrade to the premium for £5/6
  • James Martin in-flight meals
  • Newer planes so everything feels 'fresher'
  • The price - Much cheaper than Tui and Virgin
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We use them every year for the last 6. Only hiccup was Irma when they were non existent. Been twice since then though as price is always so good. We always wait for pe till boarding . Even when they say they are full we have always grabbed a couple of pe seats for around 99 quid. Maybe just luck but going with them again June.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I booked tc yesterday for next year for £1259 for 3 adults and yesterday tui ( our preference ) was £879 for each person and now today TC is showing the price as £2089 so whilst tc are not my favorite carrier - price is king as the difference between them all is minimal in my opinion. so keep an eye out for price bargains.
Was that flights only at that price?
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Yes flights only

Total 3 adults £1259 and tui £879 each( total £2637). New TC price 3 adults total £2089.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brinko
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by chipndalefan View Post
We have flown Thomas Cook for our last 2 trips, and will be using them again at the end of the month

In my opinion their economy is far superior to both Virgin and Tui.
  • Better seat configuration - 2>4>2
  • More leg room
  • Good in-flight entertainment - especially if you upgrade to the premium for £5/6
  • James Martin in-flight meals
  • Newer planes so everything feels 'fresher'
  • The price - Much cheaper than Tui and Virgin
Upgrade to premium for 5 quid? Really?
Brinko is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brinko View Post
Upgrade to premium for 5 quid? Really?
I think they are referring to the in flight entertainment
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Brinko
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I think they are referring to the in flight entertainment
That makes sense! Thought there was a good deal on at the moment 😂😂 thanks.
Brinko is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by SESH View Post
That’s a good price you’ve got there for premium economy. Personally I prefer Thomas Cook over Virgin. The planes have a more modern feel about them. The Virgin 747 I last flew on a few years ago was a bit tired and I got the feeling the cabin crew had given up trying. (I get it must be a tougher route for them with all the kids running around). I think there’s quite a few snobs on the Dibb who thinks there’s more prestige flying with Virgin. But it ain’t all that.
I agree (not with the snob part obv)

I’ve flown with TC 3 times to Orlando in the past 27 months and 2 times with virgin in the same period.

While I do prefer TC (especially premium) I have to say price chooses what we book for our own trips! I like the fact we have the ability to pay a deposit on them as part of a package too and not have to pay in full!

I’m booked with TC for my own holiday but a work trip this year it was VS who got our money 😭

What you say about the feel is exactly my thoughts and the cabin feels less cramped.

You do have to pay £5 to upgrade to the premium entertainment and in economy complimentary snacks and drinks are not inc (except in premium, and drinks with meals are in) but for £5 upgrade and sometimes the difference in price compared to the other airlines you can’t sniff at that really!

The baggage is 23kgs in economy and 32 in premium!

6kg hand baggage in economy and 10kg in premium

You do have to pay for seats in evening but again, the saving most of the time compared to the other airlines it’s not worth complaining about.

Personally I think that virgin have just build this brand name like apple, Adidas, Pandora etc and people are swept in by the brand, it’s just a plane... if it gets you there safely save some money!

Also virgin holidays and virgin Atlantic are two separate companies! People Get confused by that!

Maybe in a few years when virgins new fleet comes in I may change my mind!

We’ve done both economy and premium and we really liked them both!

We flew back from Miami to Manchester with cooks in premium after a transatlantic Disney cruise a few years back and we had a huge delay of around 27 hours I believe, but even still it didn’t put me off. As soon as we were on the plane the service and facilities were great! ( I have worked at 2 airports overseas many moons ago and I knew also it was the handling agents lack of knowledge which caused most issues not Thomas cooks)

Delays can happen to all airlines though, last November our virgin flight was delayed from Manchester airport and then we were stuck on the tarmac at MCO for an hour.

Whoooooo that was longer than I anticipated but yes Thomas cook airlines are just as good(and in my opinion better) than the others (until the future?)

But I do understand some people have a preference and I would never try and push someone to fly with someone they don’t want to!

Everyone has their preferences and I respect that but as above for now if cooks are the better price they get my money!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 08:01 AM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
I agree (not with the snob part obv)

I’ve flown with TC 3 times to Orlando in the past 27 months and 2 times with virgin in the same period.

While I do prefer TC (especially premium) I have to say price chooses what we book for our own trips! I like the fact we have the ability to pay a deposit on them as part of a package too and not have to pay in full!

I’m booked with TC for my own holiday but a work trip this year it was VS who got our money 😭

What you say about the feel is exactly my thoughts and the cabin feels less cramped.

You do have to pay £5 to upgrade to the premium entertainment and in economy complimentary snacks and drinks are not inc (except in premium, and drinks with meals are in) but for £5 upgrade and sometimes the difference in price compared to the other airlines you can’t sniff at that really!

The baggage is 23kgs in economy and 32 in premium!

6kg hand baggage in economy and 10kg in premium

You do have to pay for seats in evening but again, the saving most of the time compared to the other airlines it’s not worth complaining about.

Personally I think that virgin have just build this brand name like apple, Adidas, Pandora etc and people are swept in by the brand, it’s just a plane... if it gets you there safely save some money!

Also virgin holidays and virgin Atlantic are two separate companies! People Get confused by that!

Maybe in a few years when virgins new fleet comes in I may change my mind!

We’ve done both economy and premium and we really liked them both!

We flew back from Miami to Manchester with cooks in premium after a transatlantic Disney cruise a few years back and we had a huge delay of around 27 hours I believe, but even still it didn’t put me off. As soon as we were on the plane the service and facilities were great! ( I have worked at 2 airports overseas many moons ago and I knew also it was the handling agents lack of knowledge which caused most issues not Thomas cooks)

Delays can happen to all airlines though, last November our virgin flight was delayed from Manchester airport and then we were stuck on the tarmac at MCO for an hour.

Whoooooo that was longer than I anticipated but yes Thomas cook airlines are just as good(and in my opinion better) than the others (until the future?)

But I do understand some people have a preference and I would never try and push someone to fly with someone they don’t want to!

Everyone has their preferences and I respect that but as above for now if cooks are the better price they get my money!
We were also on that delayed flight at Miami after the WBTA, it did put me off flying with them for a while but we’ve gone for it and booked them for next year. The prices are so good that we couldn’t not do it! I have to admit that I’m nervous after Miami but the actual flights with TC have always been spot on and I think the staff at MCO would be much better equipped to deal with a cancellation if that were to happen again.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List