Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
adorey
a Friend of the DIBB

MVMCP advice

This is the first time that my sister and I shall be visiting Disney World during a seasonal event.

We've never experienced Xmas at Disney before & I would like to book MVMCP, but I would like to know if it's worth booking more that 1 night?

Our priority will most likely be the parade, fireworks and character meet and greets, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to do everything we want to do comfortably in one night?

I have read that the cost of these tickets have risen almost to the point where the value of these nights are questionable and I wouldn't want to go paying out for the cost of 2 parties if I could be sure that we could see everything in one night.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this as we've never been to the Halloween or Xmas parties before and this is all new to us!

Edited at 12:46 PM.
adorey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

We did MNSSHP last year - it was great for the characters - but queues were long. I don't think I would have wanted to do 2 nights - it was exhausting!

Great fun though and would definitely do again. Haven't done the Christmas one but assume they are very similar.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We did everything we wanted (we didn’t meet any characters) but we visited every drink/cookie station, watched the parade (twice) and fireworks, lots of popcorn, memorymaker photos and rides
I would do it again in a few years, if the opportunity arose, but not twice in a holiday.

We would all choose to do MNSSHP every year though, it’s still something the kids talk about 😁
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you get in at 4 and stay till midnight you can do most things. Crowds were crazy in 2010 and 2014 until after the fireworks.

We prioritise the shows - castle lighting show, tomorrowland show, fireworks and castle show. The second parade is much quieter and the last castle show was almost deserted!

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Lucky you going when all the Christmas stuff starts, do visit the other WDW hotels to see their amazing Christmas decorations especially the Gingerbread House in the Grand Floridian.
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We go every couple of years & always do two parties, if you are organised & realistic about your expectations you will be able to do most things in one night.

Most people go nuts for the dwarves & Jack & Sally, we've done the dwarves twice now & don't feel the need to do them again, they are great fun but you will have to queue for a significant amount of time to see them, they don't usually come out till 7pm so be prepared to be queuing from when you get into the party to get them out of the way first.
The same rule applies to Jack & Sally (Assuming that she will out with him this year), we've done him twice & it was well worth the wait as he does interact with you.
We were going to give him a miss this year but then found out about Sally meeting with him last year, assuming that she's there again this year then we'll definitely queue up again but we'll be heading straight to get in line as soon as we get in, he normally comes out an hour before the party starts which means you get a head start.
The other characters are usually easy to see but you never know, we waited for over an hour to see Scrooge & Donald two years ago at our first party & ended up giving up in the end as the line just was not moving.
We went back on our second party night & waited over an hour again, the characters were taking forever with each set of guests, they also went on a break every 20 minutes which meant they were only seeing 5 - 6 groups per session, we also had a VIP family dropped in front of us just before it was our turn which wound me up immensely.
The first year we went, Scrooge was just hanging out on his on & we met him with no queue.
Taking all of the above into consideration what I'm trying to say is that you can spend your whole night queuing to meet characters if that's important to you.
My advice would be pick your "Must Meet" characters before you go & head straight to their queue as soon as you get in, if you play your cards right you can be done & dusted before the party starts if they come out early, you might be able to catch other characters later on in the night if you are lucky.
As for everything else, the shows, the parade & the fireworks show are all great & worth the price of admission, the snacks & drinks are okay but nothing to get excited about.
We also like just wandering around & taking in the atmosphere & usually stay to the very end & catch the last castle stage show at midnight.
If you've not booked your tickets yet, get that done as some nights do sell out.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

When we did the MNSSHP in 2015 they had the Disney villains out. Captain Hook, Maleficent, the Queen of Hearts etc. Had a great night. This year we are doing the Christmas party. Not bothered about rides. Just there for the Christmas atmosphere and food/drink and seeing the characters in their Christmas clothes.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last year we did the 2nd party (9th Nov) and it was so busy! we waited for the 2nd show/parade but it was heaving! had one woman literally trying to push me over, and then got angry at me for leaning up against a bin to prevent me falling! (bear in mind i'm nearly 6ft tall, and i'm not small!)

I would just be realistic in your expectations! As the parade and show were amazing but because of all the waiting, we barely got to any of the cookie and only managed to do 1 ride all night, and that's because we sprinted to Space Mountain after the parade!

Not sure its worth the price of the ticket, but I would do it again. Just wouldn't do the parade haha!