Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Anyone been in September?

Ok, so was thinking of October/Nov to get the Halloween/Christmas cross over but really want the DDP, and so now thinking September - so around the 22nd Sept - 6th Oct, going to split between Disney and Universal, so We could do 10 nights Disney and 4 nights Universal - or a 9/5 split - so we would start with Disney and then move to RPR.

So my question is what is it like in mid/late September?

Weather
Queues
Halloween (Universal)
Anything else good to know?

Thanks

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

September is lovely and the parks less busy you can still get thunder storms in the afternoon but humidity isn’t as bad as the summer
Halloween Horror nights DH the boys and one DIL have done them and loved it me and other 2DIl just not our thing anytime after Labour day
Till the start of the Scottish school October break is great
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

As above ,love september, our preffered time of year.
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

September is the only time I've ever been (1995, 1997 and last year!) it's great. It's a lot quieter as the kids are back at school. As regards the weather, I went from 13th to 27th September last year and the humidity was awful plus the temperature was in the mid 30s. There were no storms and about 2 hours of rain just on one day. The CMs I spoke to said those temperatures and humidity were extreme for September though - they were more August temperatures and humidity levels and mid to late September is normally a lot cooler. It hasn't put me off going again this September though This time 16th to 26th. I'm also planning on going next September from 13th to 24th Roll on 25th April to book it!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We have been 8 times and 6 times in September, we love September!
We go again in september this year!
The weather every year has been different though,sometimes a lot of rain sometimes none,sometimes very humid sometimes not ,we have had temps in the late 20’s and mid 30’s, so you can never bank on the weather!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 07:46 PM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We must be picking the wrong days to visit the parks, quieter? We always go Sept/Oct but if anything what was once a very quiet time of year has been getting busier & busier. In fact 2 years ago it was near enough do your 3 FP+ & leave! The weather tends to be more settled towards the end of Sept but last year it was still very hot until late Oct, with high humidity & then a sudden 10 degree drop made it feel like it was winter- even though it was still high 70's low 80's !
Personally I think next Sept will be heaving, everyone staying before Free Dining ends!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

September is our preferred time for crowds and weather however it is getting busier every year and I’m actually dreading how busy it’s going to be this year with Galaxy’s Edge opening.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
We must be picking the wrong days to visit the parks, quieter? We always go Sept/Oct but if anything what was once a very quiet time of year has been getting busier & busier. In fact 2 years ago it was near enough do your 3 FP+ & leave! The weather tends to be more settled towards the end of Sept but last year it was still very hot until late Oct, with high humidity & then a sudden 10 degree drop made it feel like it was winter- even though it was still high 70's low 80's !
Personally I think next Sept will be heaving, everyone staying before Free Dining ends!
Sd
I visited 13th to 27th September last year and all my days were quiet. I was worried about the crowds because of The Dibb so was relieved when I couldn't find them. So now I take The Dibb with a large dose of salt.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm expecting large crowds when I go this year because of the dreaded Star Wars.
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

We always go on the second week in September I love it. I wouldn't go at any other time of the year now. It's much quieter because the kids have just gone back to school and the weather is hot still. It was 35c most days when we went in 2017.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List