Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Apr 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Evian
Earning More Ears

Parking Charges On-site Hotels

Hi everyone, I am travelling to WDW in June 2019 and have planned to hire a car for part of our stay from the Disney Car Centre.

I see that parking charges have been introduced at the hotels, but there is no charge for guests from the UK and Ireland until January 2020.

For anyone who has hired a car onsite recently, have there been any issues with this exception to the charge and do Disney issue permits to UK/Irish guests?

Many thanks
Evian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Evian
Earning More Ears

Hi, can anyone help with this?
Evian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney don’t issue permits to anyone m they add the charges to your bill. If you booking was made from the uk and they try to charge you just show them your invoice and the charge will be removed .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The check in person at CSR claimed not to know about UK guests not having to pay for parking and was insistent that "everyone pays now". They went off to check and seemed surprised that we didn't have to pay, so watch out, they were really busy so maybe they drafted drafted in less experienced staff to deal with the long line. Just double check what your signing for.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I would take a copy of the material which confirms you don't need to pay in 2019, then if they add the charge you can evidence it and have it removed without too much hassle.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Anyone who has any issues this year with CM's claiming that "everyone pays now", I would point them to the Official UK Disney website:

disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/

It states the following on the above official page:

"Q. If I'm arriving before 31st December 2019 but am staying into January 2020, will I be charged for parking?

A. No, guests arriving on or before 31st December 2019 will not be charged for parking during their stay
".

...and...

"Q. Is every Guest charged to park a car?

A. Guests residing in the UK and Ireland checking in on or after 1st January 2020 will be charged for overnight resort parking.

Guests checking in late 2019 whose stay stretches into 2020 will not be charged as their arrival date is in 2019.

Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. DVC Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Disney Resort Hotel.

Overnight self-parking will be complimentary for Guests with disabilities.
"

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Evian
Earning More Ears

Thanks everyone
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Anyone who has any issues this year with CM's claiming that "everyone pays now", I would point them to the Official UK Disney website:

disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/

Overnight self-parking will be complimentary for Guests with disabilities.[/I]"
If you and I know that parking for UK guests is free for those checking in during this year, although it seems only if booked using a UK website, then I would expect the CMs to know. I tried to get the page you link to to show the CM but it defaulted to the US site, which doesn't clearly, if at all, mention this. As it turned out someone at the check in did know and corrected the CM when they checked, the CM seemed genuinely pleased for us which makes me think it was a genuine error rather than a deliberate act.

As we discussed picking up tickets early and the differences between the US & UK sites again parking seems to vary as the US sites says;

"Parking for Guests with Disabilities

Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required and standard parking rates apply."
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

If you have a blue badge, do you have to pay in 2020 for parking overnight at a Disney hotel?
According to VH, its free this year, but not next year.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
If you and I know that parking for UK guests is free for those checking in during this year, although it seems only if booked using a UK website, then I would expect the CMs to know. I tried to get the page you link to to show the CM but it defaulted to the US site, which doesn't clearly, if at all, mention this. As it turned out someone at the check in did know and corrected the CM when they checked, the CM seemed genuinely pleased for us which makes me think it was a genuine error rather than a deliberate act.

As we discussed picking up tickets early and the differences between the US & UK sites again parking seems to vary as the US sites says;

"Parking for Guests with Disabilities

Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required and standard parking rates apply."
Yes, I forgot that the Disney website might default to the US one when you are over there. Here in the UK it defaults to the UK version.

It's strange that you need a valid disability parking permit to park in the disabled bay at the resort and yet you can ask for a Disability Access Service in the parks without showing any form of paperwork at all. In fact, I thought it was illegal for Disney to ask for any sort of proof that you're disabled (this is considered a form of discrimination in the States).

Does the bit you copied refer to parking at the theme parks or parking at the resorts? I assumed the "standard parking rates" was referring to the theme park parking rates.

Thanks for pointing out the differences!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List