Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Now there weeleighluigi where on earth did you get that info from? Who could have given you that
You are, of course 100% correct
I have learned something from your endless repetition and shhhh... but don't tell anybody... I like planes! I wish I had more time to nerd out over them... like that BEAUTY that landed in Glasgow last night... but I don't... I will have to make do with flying in one to Florida occasionally
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenC
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Does anyone pre book seats with Thomas cook? Looking to fly with them as a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 7 and 4. Works out an extra £200 to pre book seats but worried we wouldn't be sitting together if I didn't pre book? Thanks
LaurenC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaurenC View Post
Does anyone pre book seats with Thomas cook? Looking to fly with them as a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 7 and 4. Works out an extra £200 to pre book seats but worried we wouldn't be sitting together if I didn't pre book? Thanks
This is the kind of question that usually ends up opening a can of worms... there are varied opinions. We have never booked seats... and always been sat together, however this I beleive is quite lucky. Past 2 years, my youngest has had speciall assistance, she and an adult are prebooked by routine... as the are this year... the others are not... we have always been sat together.

Now that does not mean you will be. It is not a law you must be sat next to (the chair on your right or left) to your child.there is a guideline, The airline defines this I think as 2 in any direction of you including across aisles and rows.

I must point out that my other daughter is happy to sit anywhere otherwise we would pay to be sat together... the flight is a means to an end, and honestly... it could be Harry potter sat next to her the whole flight... she wouldn't notice.
I would NEVER ever have asked a person to move from their paid or unpaid seat so I could sit next to my child...ever... full stop. But I would contemplate moving out mine for the sake of a child having an easier flight. (I work in a school lol).
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
I have learned something from your endless repetition and shhhh... but don't tell anybody... I like planes! I wish I had more time to nerd out over them... like that BEAUTY that landed in Glasgow last night... but I don't... I will have to make do with flying in one to Florida occasionally
Would love to see the big Emirates plane.
As you know I’ve flown TC quite a lot and think, pound for pound, it’s a good product. Saying that, this year, I’ve taken the stance of a Tight Aberdonian and am flying TUI
Last time I was into Sanford it was on the good old Travel City Direct Jumbo. Sad that TCD/ Excell went bust, as a £99 return to Sanford from Glasgow was awesome ! ( Or £199 for “Sunshine First’ upstairs in the TCD bubble )
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

As you know I’ve flown TC quite a lot and think, pound for pound, it’s a good product. Saying that, this year, I’ve taken the stance of a Tight Aberdonian and am flying TUI
Last time I was into Sanford it was on the good old Travel City Direct Jumbo. Sad that TCD/ Excell went bust, as a £99 return to Sanford from Glasgow was awesome ! ( Or £199 for “Sunshine First’ upstairs in the TCD bubble )
I have no idea who either of those two companies are!

We flew into sanford in 2014 with Thomson. It's a quiet airport... really straightforward. I really liked the dreamliner we are driving to Manchester... Tui was too expensive from Glasgow... 6 and a half hours away but if we HAD to fly from Glasgow we simply couldn't afford it!

Could you imagine a £99 return now! I think we would all drop down dead!
Old 18 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Remember that I think from LGW it was about £120 return. I liked Xcell. I remember retuning on a flight that having had taken off from MCO had to make an emergency landing back at MCO

Organisation brilliant. Take to hotels, given phone cards, toiletries etc. Dinner breakfast and lunch.

Shame they went under.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List