Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Help me choose a Disney resort, please!

I've only ever stayed at POR and we loved it. We stayed in a Royal Room, which was lovely (wouldn't bother again, though).

We're hoping to book for Free Dining for a week in last half of August next year (have a villa booked for the last week).

My children would be happy with POR again as they loved the smaller pool that was by our block - I'd be happy to try somewhere different. We will have a car.

If money was no issue, I'd choose Beach Club! But it is...so my choices are:

POR - tried and tested; happy with location/transfer times to the parks
POFQ (although they would miss the smaller pool, so I think this is possibly at the bottom of the list)
CBR - read lovely things about it (except the food court); nicer 'main' pool; nice atmosphere around the resort (although we didn't really spend any time around the resort in the evening, we were either parking it or in our room - or in the small pool!) - worried about the impact of the Skyliner (noise?!) but DO like the fact that there are freestyle machines around the resort, not just having to trek to the foodcourt.
CSR - a late contender - nice things read about the food court; hadn't realised how close it is to HS and AK.

Price wise, they seem to be much of a muchness, but the list above seems to have most expensive to the top.

I believe rooms will be similar, so it's just about a change of pace/resort or stick to what we know (Magic Cookie Bars!)
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Now this is a good question

Following
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Where are you drawn too? They are all very similar and main difference is just the atmosphere / theming. So which one appeals ?

We’ve stayed at them all. French quarter was my favourite. Loved the style of the rooms and the outside gardens and we liked the proximity to everything. The main pool is near all the rooms so we didn’t miss the quiet pools.

Second favourite was Coronado springs. Rooms felt bigger than the others and more modern and the view over the lake was pretty.

There is not a lot in it through.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our preference would be POFQ, much smaller resort than POR - all the rooms are near the pool and we never found it too busy.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Where are you drawn too? They are all very similar and main difference is just the atmosphere / theming. So which one appeals ?
Well, they all have their benefits. I don't feel 'drawn' to any one in particular, I guess I know what I'm getting into with POR and POFQ (and it was more about the quietness of the small pools that my children loved) and it's SO much money, that I don't want to feel I've made a mistake in my selection!

I've asked children to do some research into it via YouTube and come back to me!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Sorry to impose on this thread I am also having the same dilemma choosing what resort.There are just us 2 adults and will be our wedding anniversary . I like the look of the rooms csr and the pool. I really fancied the new tower as its modern and new, just concerned over the size and locality to pools etc. Then one of the port orlean resorts. We stayed at okw in 2017 and hubby loved the boat ride to ds (the highlight of his trip !) Then cbr looks good with the new skyliner.. again concerned how close to pools etc.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We're having the same dilemma - but DW wants to consider AKL as well...
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jwkav10
Earning More Ears

Following this!

We're having the same dilemma - stopped at CSR last year (1st stop on property) and loved it. Rooms we're beautiful and looking at TripAdvisor I can't say anywhere elses rooms look better. But the resort was HUGE and we we're a 10+ minute walk away from the front desk.

I'm really interested to hear peoples thoughts on POFQ/POR/CBR to see how they compare...

jwkav10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List