Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Apr 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Fatty Fat Fat Fat Takin On Florida Eats. 2017 On/Offsite Foodapalooza. FAT'S ALL FOLKS!

FATTY FAT FAT FAT TAKIN ON FLORIDA EATS. AN ONSITE/OFFSITE 21 NIGHT FOODAPALOOZA: MAY 2017. Kids meals included!

*disclaimer. Title isn't meant to offend. Just a name Bart Simpson once got called.

Welcome to my 3rd food report! I'm so pleased to be doing another one as I wasn't sure I'd ever get to do another one but luckily here I am. Please forgive that I'm posting a few weeks before we go but too excited to stop myself! I'd also like any feedback on potential places we are going just in case it's a big no no! Writing this also means I'm not dreaming and we are going!

You can read my two previous ones
HERE and HERE. I can't believe how many have read them especially the second one. So if you like the cut of my jib then I hope you read along and comment.

So the cast:

Me: George, 41 years young, chief planner and decision maker on where we go. Been dieting again. For my 2015 trip lost around 45lbs. All that is still off but again I plan on putting a big chunk of it back on.

DW: Kelly, 40 years young and the real person in charge and decision maker on where we go
DD1: Evie Mae, 9 but turning 10 while there.(classed as and adult in Disney eyes)
DD2: Lily Belle, 8. Not eaten much on previous trips so not sure how she'll do this time.
We are two trip members down from previous trips as the in laws aren't coming this time.

I'm going to be writing this alongside my trip report which you can read HERE(eventually). Last food report I did a few of them "live". I may do the same but I'm not sure on how that will pan out as I don't want want to be tied down but if possible I will. The report will kick off on May 9th.

So it's a monstrous 21 nights of offsite/onsite eating delights. Lovers of fine dining I'm afraid you may be disappointed. Not quite my tempo.

This is more our vibe.

We are in the Idrive/Universal area for the first 11 nights and then Disney Port Orleans Riverside for 10 nights on the DDP so it's going to be the best of both worlds. This really is an extra special trip for us due to circumstances regarding our daughter Evie Mae. Please read my pre trip for more info. Pre Trip Report click here. We are trying to fit in as much as possible. We should be visiting both East and West coasts as well.

I'm obviously posting this before I go so things could change on "The List". Some will be decided on the day, especially counter service meals and snacks. Some will be welcome returnees, some will be surprise guest stars, one is a place I said we'd never go to again and I'm sure some will be why the hell did "you" i.e. "Me" choose this place. In all honesty I could have chosen a million different places to try. I think I changed my Disney ADR's around about 100 times. I'm not joking.

When I think American food, I think Burgers, Steak, BBQ, Pizza and Ribs Oh My! Each of those delicacies(yes you read that right) will feature heavily and we will be dining at a restaurant famous for each of those said delicacies(some more than once). I'd also include fried chicken in the list of American delicacies but I ain't going all that way for a KFC(although thinking about it you never know) I will make sure fried chicken is eaten in several locations. Research purposes of course.

Absolutely desperate to go to Teak as well.

So here we go:

Part One

Post Twilight Check in meal, Beefeater A23 near Gatwick
Gatwick South Breakfast The Flying Horse
BA PLANE food

IDRIVE AREA STAY
Gatorville@Wyndam Orlando Resort
Keke's Breakfast Cafe
Supermarket shop:Going wild in the aisles
House of Blues before La Nouba
Village Inn: breakfast
Dine With Shamu
Wawa
Starbucks breakfast
Orbit Cafe Kennedy Space Centre
Longhorn Steakhouse

UNIVERSAL STAY
Three Broomsticks late breakfast
Honeydukes
Florean Fortescue Ice Cream
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium: dinner
Orchid Court RPR
Croissant Moon Bakery IOA
IOA snacks
Bubba Gumps
Coldstone Creamery
Bayliner Diner Cabana Bay breakfast
Universal Snacks
Mel's Drive In Diner Universal Studios lunch
Millers Alehouse
Perkins:breakfast
Aquatica All Day Dining
4Rivers Smokehouse
Universal Snacks
Bumblebee Man Taco Truck
Panda Express City walk
Outback Steakhouse IDRIVE
Hash Houseagogo
Teak Neighbourhood Grill
Cabana Bay Snacks
Discovery Cove Eats
Hard Rock Cafe
Universal Snacks

PART 2 DISNEY

Main Street Bakery snacks
Columbia Harbour House MK Lunch
Riverside Mill dinner and snacks
Riverside Mill breakfast
Leaning Palms Typhoon Lagoon
Typhoon Lagoon Snacks
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
MK and POR snacks
Donald's Safari Breakfast@Tusker House
Dino Bites Snacks
Yak and Yeti(using Landry Card) dinner
Hollywood Studio Snacks
50's Prime Time Cafe lunch
Wolfgang Puck Express dinner
Some Snacks
Garden Grille breakfast ADR
World Showcase Snacks
Electric Umbrella dinner
Riverside Mill breakfast snacks
Earl Of Sandwich lunch
Ghiradelli Ice Cream
Mama Melrose dinner
Be Our Guest Breakfast
The Plaza Ice Creams
Grand Floridian Cafe
Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast ADR
Souvenir Cup Day!
Hollywood and Vine Minnie's Seasonal Dine Music of Pixar/Fantasmic Package dinner ADR
Riverside Mill Breakfast snacks
D-Luxe Burger lunch
Flame Tree BBQ dinner
AK snacks
Crystal Palace Breakfast
MK snacks
Riverside Mill Snacks
George V Ohana. Ohana wins again.
Kusafiri Bakery Snacks AK
Rainforest Cafe AK lunch
Leftover snack credit medley
Burger King/Nathan's MCO
Plane Food
FINAL THOUGHTS,FATTY AWARDS,FUTURE PLANS

**When they've turned blue it means I've done that review so please click on the link**

So quite a list to work through and lots of new places for us to try. I'd be surprised if it pans out like "The List" but we shall see.

The big absentee for me is Ohana. I did book it and desperately wanted to give it another go but it's only me that wants to go so not really fair on the others. We had a disaster there last time so DW and the kids have negative memories of it. I am sad about not going to Ohana but at least you won't have to see the same old broccoli and pot stickers photos again
edit... I managed to get a sneaky late reservation for our last night I'm hoping that as I will give them the best holiday and as I'm the best dad/husband they will grant me this final meal As you read this I'm doing a maniacal laugh like a super villain.

Should be lots of snacks as well. 2 each per day on the 2017 DDP so that's a lot to work through. I suspect that Goofy's Candy Co will be getting a visit on the day we leave (Our dear family and friends, look at all these lovely candy presents we have spent a fortune on to bring back just for you) There are a few things that I definitely want to try. A Plaza Ice cream on Main Street, cheeseburger egg rolls but most snacks will be spur of the moment. This will be mine and DW Kelly's 4th visit together. Each time I say I'm trying an ice cream from Ghiradelli's but I still haven't been. I will say I'd rather not use them though than waste any credits on bottles of water like DW will suggest.

So there we are. I'm sure it will all pan out differently than the plan and I'll forget to take a few photos and none at all the water parks as my phone will be in a locker. Hope you enjoy!

Edited at 08:44 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Ha ha, love the title. I can't wait to read along, were off in August so will be eager to see how you plough those snack credits. I hope you get your Yoders way... may the force be with you.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Brilliant! I love a good report. Looking forward to it. Have a fantastic holiday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
This looks epic!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Ha ha, love the title. I can't wait to read along, were off in August so will be eager to see how you plough those snack credits. I hope you get your Yoders way... may the force be with you.
If I nag enough I'm hoping I get my way!

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Brilliant! I love a good report. Looking forward to it. Have a fantastic holiday!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
This looks epic!
How it will all pan out I'm not sure. Thanks for reading
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Look forward to reading. Have an amazing trip. Sound jam packed and a lot of places we plan to try in November.
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

This looks good!
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loving the sound of this, I really enjoyed reading your previous trippies and food reports, love this style of reporting its my kind of humour ... I'm sure I gain weight just reading people's Florida food reports ... we stayed on international drive last April and ate at some brilliant places. When you've put seaworld snacks I can recommend the pretzel kitchen near to shamu stadium entrance ...we shared a meatball pretzel which is massive and comes with potato chips ( crisps ) on more than one visit
Have a fantastic trip 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Look forward to reading. Have an amazing trip. Sound jam packed and a lot of places we plan to try in November.
Thank you. We may be doing a bit too much

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
This looks good!
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Loving the sound of this, I really enjoyed reading your previous trippies and food reports, love this style of reporting its my kind of humour ... I'm sure I gain weight just reading people's Florida food reports ... we stayed on international drive last April and ate at some brilliant places. When you've put seaworld snacks I can recommend the pretzel kitchen near to shamu stadium entrance ...we shared a meatball pretzel which is massive and comes with potato chips ( crisps ) on more than one visit
Have a fantastic trip 👍
A meatball pretzel sounds exactly what I'll be looking for Thanks for reading
Old 14 Apr 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thank you. We may be doing a bit too much

Thanks for reading

A meatball pretzel sounds exactly what I'll be looking for Thanks for reading
They are very good and I know my junk food lol 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List