Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looked at your local area to see what mental health services are available.
Our area offer online CBT which I recently tried for anxiety no need to see your GP.
It might be a start.

Good luck. Come back on here as often as needed.
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Thank you all for the kind messages, I have just taken the time to read through them.

I will try and get the courage to go back to the GP, it's just really hard at the moment, I think I have perfected putting on a brave face for everyone to stop people thinking there is anything wrong.

Honestly, thank you all for the kind words.
Disney_dreams2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

OP I feel your pain
The biggest thing for me is the second paragraph of your opening post.
Classic depression
Really low self esteem
Assuming no one else would interested
They are all too busy with their great lives

Reality is probably completely different .
For all you know one of your close friends or family maybe in the same boat as you.
Struggling silently .
Would you want to help them ? Course you would

So they will want to help you . They may not understand, they may not know HOW to help.

My advice would be yes , go to the GP, take medication , get counselling etc but start off by confiding in your friends and family
Will it be easy ? no
Will it benefit you ? Almost certainly
You want to get it off your chest.

If needs be , if you can’t feel you can talk yet , send someone a copy of this thread and tell them it’s you .

Good luck x
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Are friends and family aware, have any inclination. Have you spoken honestly about it to them? If not, do that. See a GP. Take them with you if you need although it’s probably (IMO/e) easier to be honest when they are nt there.
Good luck
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Are friends and family aware, have any inclination. Have you spoken honestly about it to them? If not, do that. See a GP. Take them with you if you need although it’s probably (IMO/e) easier to be honest when they are nt there.
Good luck
I mean to an extent yes, but only a little bit from last year, I just feel I have to shut them away as I dunno, like I said I just feel stupid.

Urgh I just can't shake off all this negativity, just this feeling of being a burden to everyone.
Disney_dreams2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've felt like you do, had severe depression and anxiety off any scale. I hardly left the house for six months and felt like a burden to everyone. The best piece of advice I can give is to talk to whomever you trust most in your family. Nobody would want you to suffer, no matter what they're dealing with themselves, and it sounds like a cliche but it really does help. You can DM me too. X
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering. I've had minor bouts but family members have had severe depression.

If you can, try and see your GP again. As someone close to me said, pills don't make him happy but they make him normal. His lows are now on a normal rather than extreme level.

Also try googling NHS therapy. I know around my area (Havering) you can sign up yourself. You don't have to wait for your GP to do it.

Exercise and meditation are usually good for lifting your lows. Even just a walk can help to get you out of your head.

Talk to friends or family if you can. I know you feel alone but they do love you. Sometimes just letting someone know can help. You aren't a burden. You're just going through a bad time.

I hope some of this can help you xx
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Thank you,

The GP visit I had last year was just awful, but I definitely think I need to build the courage up to go again.

I've literally written down on a word document how I'm feeling, and I think it's worse that I even thought to be honest.

I goto the gym where possible, but everything I do, gym, work, etc I just feel like this shell of an existence with nothing inside

Thank you all for listening to my moans, I appreciate this isn't the most uplifiting topic and probably quite hard for other people who are going through a similar thing to read, so for that I am sorry.

Edited at 04:33 PM.
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I really hope you get some help. I'm sure I speak for everyone that we are all happy to listen to your moans, please keep posting.

The sad state of affairs is that there is a lot of campaigns around mental health at the moment, not least the one last week with the Premier league late kick offs but in many cases, there is no one to talk to! We tried to get support for our son and his school, and I kid you not, said support is currently only provided after 2 suicide attempts?!?! LIKE WHAT?

When someone is not eating due to depression and fainting as a result they need help and support.

I REALLY hope your next GP visit goes well and you get the help you want and need. Please keep posting and chatting on here.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I really hope you get some help. I'm sure I speak for everyone that we are all happy to listen to your moans, please keep posting.

The sad state of affairs is that there is a lot of campaigns around mental health at the moment, not least the one last week with the Premier league late kick offs but in many cases, there is no one to talk to! We tried to get support for our son and his school, and I kid you not, said support is currently only provided after 2 suicide attempts?!?! LIKE WHAT?

When someone is not eating due to depression and fainting as a result they need help and support.

I REALLY hope your next GP visit goes well and you get the help you want and need. Please keep posting and chatting on here.
Thank you, that is just awful what the school said, how can that be right? Hope your son is doing ok.