Old 11 Mar 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Four Moretons Go West EASTER 2018 - FINAL DAY and the TRAVEL HOME

Day 17 - Tuesday 9th April – Fly Home

I am really sorry i have no photos of today so have pinched old ones i have used

We were up at 7.30am, we listened to the birds singing and opened the curtains to blue sky. As always on the last day the mood was very low and even the boys were quiet.

previous used photo

We tried our best to finish all the eggs, cereal, waffles and bagels that were left. I finished the last-minute packing and weighed the cases which were well under weight 😊. We then received a call from Lee’s dad at home who said the plane from Auckland from LA had been delayed and that our flight might be late taking off.
We checked online and it was still showing a 5.15pm take off from LAX. We continued with our plan of loading up the car and then driving to LAX via the PCH. After taking some last photos of the house we ready to leave at around 10.30am.

We drove past the beach one more time to take in the view, as usual the water was full of surfers.

We got on to the I-5 North to LA but soon switched to the PCH. Lee checked the flight again and it was now showing a 4 ½ hour delay and our take off time was now 9.45pm!

It was a nightmare; I know being stuck in California is not the worst thing in the world but on the last day you just want to get home. We had to return the car by 2pm to avoid a charge, we also had booked our shopping to be delivered at home for when we got back. We carried on with our drive to the airport, we drove past Laguna, Newport and Huntington beach which all looked very nice.
We topped up the car with $40 fuel before we arrived at the drop off at 1.30pm.
It was all hassle free and we jumped on the shuttle bus to take us to the airport. In total we had driven 1738 in just over 2 weeks.

We got off the shuttle bus at the Tom Bradley Terminal but we were a little confused as it said arrivals but we soon sussed out we need to get in the elevator up to level 3 for departures. As soon as we got out of the elevator, we saw the Air NZ desk, we were met by a rep who informed of the delay and that we should check in as normal and then join another line so that we could each receive a $30 food voucher for the delay.
We headed straight over to security as it was manic in the terminal. Security was very strict I was pulled a side and my hands were drug wiped.
It was only 3pm so we still had 6-hours before the plane took off.
We checked out the food court to see what we could have for dinner but the choices were not great, the boys were gutted there wasn’t a McDonalds. Lucas had KFC, Jacob and Lee had pizza and I had Panda Express. The next 5 or so hours really dragged on, we set up camp by the very small kids’ area, the kids played with other kids and burned off some energy.
We were eventually called to board the plane, we spent are last remaining vouchers on some really over priced crisps and juice (which we ended up not eating). The flight took off just after 10pm LA time. This is where my notes end but I remember the flight being uneventful and thankfully Jacob was not sick.
The boys slept quite a bit.
Lee’s dad picked us up from the airport which was good as it would have been a tough drive home to Coventry from London after that delay.
The sun was shining so at least we could get our washing dry and Tesco were very kind and came back later that evening with our shopping as we had missed our slot due to the delay - great customer service Tesco - well Done!

Overall, it was an amazing trip and writing this report has reminded us of all the good things we did and made us even more excited for this year’s trip in August. We made mistakes but who doesn’t but I honestly wouldn’t change anything, the boys loved the variety of the holiday and coped with being in the car much better than we expected. Thanks for reading, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Until the next time 😊 😊

LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

A brilliant trip, thank you for sharing your holiday with us all. Will you be doing a report for your next one? 😊
Old 16 Mar 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
A brilliant trip, thank you for sharing your holiday with us all. Will you be doing a report for your next one? 😊
We always try to do a trippie, so that we can look back on them Fingers crossed, we will be writing another one in September when we get back. Thanks for reading.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great trip, thanks for sharing
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A wonderful report, thanks so much for sharing! You have brought back so many fantastic memories from our holiday last year.
What are your plans this year?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
A wonderful report, thanks so much for sharing! You have brought back so many fantastic memories from our holiday last year.
What are your plans this year?
Aww thanks so much for reading along and leaving your comments...Our plan this year - if we make it is:
Fly into SF head straight to Lake Tahoe x 4 nights, Monterey x 2, overnight at Pismo, then onto Anaheim for 4 nights to do Disney, and six flags, DOJO Boom (again! for the boys!) then back up to SF x 2 nights
Do you have plans for this year?
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Aww thanks so much for reading along and leaving your comments...Our plan this year - if we make it is:
Fly into SF head straight to Lake Tahoe x 4 nights, Monterey x 2, overnight at Pismo, then onto Anaheim for 4 nights to do Disney, and six flags, DOJO Boom (again! for the boys!) then back up to SF x 2 nights
Do you have plans for this year?
Ooh that sounds amazing. Lake Tahoe is on my ever growing bucket list, I really look forward to reading about it.

We are flying in and out of Orlando but going on a road trip up into Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee then back to Florida to stay on the panhandle for our last week. I’ve started my pre trippy but as of yet I haven’t got the heart to update it at the mo, feel like I’m tempting fate!

Let’s hope and pray that flights do go ahead for us both and that this madness disappears as quick as it started

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Great trip report, thanks for sharing
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh that sounds amazing. Lake Tahoe is on my ever growing bucket list, I really look forward to reading about it.

We are flying in and out of Orlando but going on a road trip up into Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee then back to Florida to stay on the panhandle for our last week. I’ve started my pre trippy but as of yet I haven’t got the heart to update it at the mo, feel like I’m tempting fate!

Let’s hope and pray that flights do go ahead for us both and that this madness disappears as quick as it started
Sounds an amazing trip! i would like to do something like this next time we head over to florida. Only problem with this trip is that if we have to postpone to go later in the year, Tahoe will be all wintry and i want to visit it in the summer. Will have to just wait and see. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us and will look out for your next trip report 🥰
Old 14 Apr 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a lovely report i have so enjoyed reading about your family trip these past couple of days.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your next trippy
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List