Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Apr 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Question for villa owners

Sorry if this should be in the Coronavirus section. I was not sure where to post it.
Our villa balance is due in a couple of days.
We emailed them last week regarding what they recommend, pay balance, reschedule etc
I imagine they are busy with emails at the moment but when would you expect a response?

I feel like we are in limbo at the moment. I doubt very much everything will go ahead but do we continue to pay balance etc
All this must be a complete headache for villa owners
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

You don’t say when your rental is?

Do you have travel insurance?

If you pay the balance now you might not get it back as you paid knowing about possible disruption due to CV.

If you cancel now you can claim the deposit back via travel insurance if the villa owner won’t pay you anything back.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

All depends who you have booked with
We are currently not taking any outstanding balances untill the situation becomes clearer
This is our personal policy I must stress
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
You don’t say when your rental is?

Do you have travel insurance?

If you pay the balance now you might not get it back as you paid knowing about possible disruption due to CV.

If you cancel now you can claim the deposit back via travel insurance if the villa owner won’t pay you anything back.
I thought if we paid the balance and it gets cancelled we could claim on insurance?
Thats the impression we have been given from charter travel which our hotel is booked with.

I would like to know the villas owners stance on it but they have not got back to is us.
We have a few days before the balance is due.
Its all very worrying
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathleen74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are in a similar situation as villa and fly drive balance due at the start of May. Fly drive is BA so if they cancel should get a refund. Villa is private rental so will need to check with the owner- leaving it a few more weeks to see what happens as I know they will be busy sorting out Aoril cancellations. If we cancel with 30 days notice we should get a full refund but going to check with owner. As its school holidays for us, no ability to postpone to later- might be 2021!
Really hoping we can still go on 28th June but prepared my kids for it being cancelled.😥
Kathleen74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
All depends who you have booked with
We are currently not taking any outstanding balances untill the situation becomes clearer
This is our personal policy I must stress
Same for us, either holding fire collecting balances or deferring dates per the guests' preference. But as you say - this is a personal decision.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Paradise Palms
Excited about Disney

I'm the same. Holding fire collecting the balances or deferring dates.

Availability Calendar here https://www.availcalendar.com/calendar/7850

https://m.facebook.com/paradisepalms...?ref=bookmarks

https://watersongvillarent.wixsite.com/paradisepalm
Paradise Palms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

We are the same as other owners on here. I am not collecting balances until the situation for that guests dates becomes clear.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

I emailed our villa owners 2 weeks ago to get their stance on things as balance due next month - still to hear back - im sure like everyone else they will have alot going on - Im in no position to delay holiday until end of the year or next year
Old 10 Apr 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Tilly have you checked your insurance just so you know where you stand?
I cannot believe owners are ignoring potential guests at a time like this.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List