Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

WWYD for 2021? 2 weeks May/June or 3 weeks August?

DIBB wisdom please. Myself, DH and DD (9) looking for 2021.
Have only ever been to WDW in October and November but need to change the month for 2021.
I'm really worried about the weather in August. Would like a few days out i.e. Clearwater, Wild Florida but worried the weather will spoil things. But obviously would love to go for 3 weeks instead of 2. But it can also be rainy in June too? Help please and thank you in advance
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We’ve been 4 times in May and it’s a brilliant time to go. We’ve always had brilliant weather. I’d love to go in May again but we will be going late July/early August in 2021. I’m worried about the weather and crowds too but it’s the only time we can go.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Tough question but I would probably choose three weeks in August. We have done May and August.
May is better for weather/crowds but August is still ok. There is more rain but if you have good plan you can still do everything. Just make sure you have back up days in case the fireworks are cancelled. If you have a good Fastpass plan and schedule you can manage the crowds. I would always go for a longer time in Florida!

Edited at 09:45 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

3 weeks in August every single time
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

3 weeks August! I’ve been August and the weather wasn’t that bad at all.
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks guys - I think I'm more worried about trying to do days out in August. I should be able to plan around weather for the parks but it's the days out that are bothering me. I would hate to go on a trip somewhere like Clearwater and be washed out.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOUISEACAT View Post
Thanks guys - I think I'm more worried about trying to do days out in August. I should be able to plan around weather for the parks but it's the days out that are bothering me. I would hate to go on a trip somewhere like Clearwater and be washed out.
We went early April once before the kids and a whole week was a wash out. Was probably unlucky that year but you just can ever predict weather over there.
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Whilst I'd usually say the longer the better...in this case I personally would go may/june as I found the humility of August too much last year.

It really depends on your tolerant to heat/humidity. We didn't get much rain last August.
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I would much rather have two weeks in May than three weeks in August. We went in September for the first time last year and even that was far too hot and humid for us and meant we did shorter park days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

We went for 3 weeks in May/June 2018 and the weather was awful, it was a complete wash out. Our last week was slightly better but it really put me off ever going at this time of year again. We've been in July?August and the humidity can be crazy but then you're thankful for he rain

We're looking at 3 weeks for 2021 and as we're stuck to school holidays it will have to be over July/Aug time for us. I don't think i've worn a poncho as much as I did for those 3 weeks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List