Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Mar 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Brilliant report, thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I don’t recall seeing an Ikea in a food report before so I bet you are the first-congratulations! No wonder the lady serving was confused- maybe she was worried you were a food inspector 😂 Hope you got what you needed 😉
Ha ha. It’s been weird as there are no other tourists here ( or not obvious) so my food pics have attracted some ofd looks . Andy said exactly that .. they will think I’m a food inspector

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love that we are seeing a bit of IKEA too, I didn’t realise they even did breakfasts I’ve only had the obligatory meatballs and dine bar cake! Pleased to see you are mixing it up with the cocktails!
Ooh we love an IKEA breakfast .. we have one quite local to us. The American one had waffles though 😋

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Love a trip to IKEA. They’re all so far away from us that we find them a novelty still 🙄. The breakfast looks alright - never say no to a free coffee!

Those salted caramel squares look very yummy. And the munchie basket is fab - 3 nice snacks all in one place - win! A well deserved mule after all of your shopping.
I do love IKEA .. the show rooms are fab and the one here was even better .. I took lots of pics
It was a bit of a picky food day but worked out ok

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I love it - breakfast cheesecake a good ikea breakfast and those salted caramel squares look delicious!

The bar snacks look lovely and fried, a perfect accompaniment to your mule. Good to see your cocktails are improving
Cocktails definitely on the up from now on in
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Brilliant report, thank you
Thank you 😊
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Denny’s

We had crossed that awkward time zone known as “is it late breakfast or early lunch” time. Not brunch as that seems to be just a “thing” on Sunday’s

Breakfast won out ... so that we could still have dinner later

Not been to a Denny’s in a while. A few we have been in have looked a bit tired but This one was looked very well kept and was super clean.

First to note. What’s the deal with Brussels sprouts? They were on so many menus. Food of the devil.

Not on my plate matey

And had the excellent value super slam

I went for the healthy fruit option of the Chocolate Nana breakfast

The stacks arrived first

Side view of the stacks. About the same size as a small child

They did defeat me. And yes I did feel sick walking out to the car.
Well worth it though

It had been very slow arriving though. They did keep apologising and we weren’t in a rush so it didn’t matter but it was a long wait.
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Johnny Ds

A quick stop here after a walk along the beach front. Lots of places were very busy with bikers who were arriving for the event in Daytona. It was good fun to see but just meant places were very full.

This was quieter and allowed me to put right the weak Texas Fuzz from earlier in the week.
Proper sex on the beach then

Very strong. Did mean a few pics from early afternoon were a bit wonky
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Moonrise Brewing Company

After a stop first in Farleys, we tried out Moonrise

Popular Viking haunt appaz

Funky micro brewery

The food was delicious. Andy had the mushroom burger

I that the one stuffed with cheese and we shared a side of fries

Really juicy

Washed down with these

Good value. It was 241 happy hour on the beer. And as we are able to walk here from where we are staying it would have been rude not to !

Great place.
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Glad you had a good Denny's experience. It's really gone up in my estimations our last few trips, and that Choconanna Pancake breakfast is my new favourite. I've actually been checking the locations of various Denny's near our accommodations for the roadtrip to make sure I get at least one of these!

At last - a decent cocktail Your burgers at Moonrise look really good, especially the cheese one.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Seriously great blue for a Denny’s breakfast, not surprised you felt unwell afterwards, those pancakes were huge Glad to see you managed sex on the beach and that it was good honestly they do know how to jazz up a burger, the cheese stuffed one looks amazeballs a great day!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
I love Brussel Sprouts, especially roasted ones. I must be the only person excited by this lol
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Glad you had a good Denny's experience. It's really gone up in my estimations our last few trips, and that Choconanna Pancake breakfast is my new favourite. I've actually been checking the locations of various Denny's near our accommodations for the roadtrip to make sure I get at least one of these!

At last - a decent cocktail Your burgers at Moonrise look really good, especially the cheese one.
Ha ha, that’s like I check for Perkins .. so sad there isn’t one in Palm Coast
Moonrise was so good we went back the next day

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Seriously great blue for a Denny’s breakfast, not surprised you felt unwell afterwards, those pancakes were huge Glad to see you managed sex on the beach and that it was good honestly they do know how to jazz up a burger, the cheese stuffed one looks amazeballs a great day!
Those pancakes were stuffed with chic chips too .. they went seriously gooey by the end
Wasn’t it a great food and drink day. I’m dreading the scales

Originally Posted by sammi71 View Post
I love Brussel Sprouts, especially roasted ones. I must be the only person excited by this lol
Nooooo. Andy likes them too. Just wrong