Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 28 Mar 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I understand those who use online delivery regularly being annoyed (I never use it myself) but at this time I think priority should be to the elderly, disabled etc.
thanks for that, very kind

i can't blooming win. Trying to keep myself well and reduce my chance of catching corona for the benefit of my patients. I should have known better! oh and before anyone says it i can't go during NHS hours because somebody will moan i have my uniform on!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I don't know why they dont recruit more vans, drivers and pickers. I am sure they are many companies with vehicles and drivers that would be pleased to have the work
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I am entitled to my view the same as you.

My DIL is also in the NHS - she would prefer her elderly parents get a slot as they can’t leave their home.

I got told off on another thread for going shopping with my husband to buy food for my parents (blind dad in his 90s) as well as ourselves and got told I was breaking the rules as it should only be one person shopping (even though there are strict rules on what you can buy).

None of us are winners at the moment.

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I am vulnerable and so is DH, we can’t get a delivery slot so have to go shopping. I can’t drive DH does, he is also a key worker and so am I. We can’t go shopping early and have to wait until DH finishes his 14-15 hour shift to go and buy anything.
I feel everyone’s pain, we are all on this together.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Its a waste of time for most right now it seems.

I had a online booked for Thursday from asda , £151’s worth in the trolley, they reduced it down to £27 with cancellations so I cancelled it

Went to the store myself and got everything I originally wanted

I know others who’ve had the same issues .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I don't know why they dont recruit more vans, drivers and pickers. I am sure they are many companies with vehicles and drivers that would be pleased to have the work
The big supermarkets have been recruiting like crazy in the last few weeks .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The problem is not the drivers or pickers but the vans. They have to be refrigerated so it will take time to get them. The only other option would be shift’s but would you want your delivery at 2.30am.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

The BBC news did an interesting piece on this the other day, before CV online delivery only accounted for 7% of the supermarkets business model, they are frantically trying to increase that but as a previous poster said it’s not just the people it’s the refrigerated vans and infrastructure as well x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
The problem is not the drivers or pickers but the vans. They have to be refrigerated so it will take time to get them. The only other option would be shift’s but would you want your delivery at 2.30am.
I think under current conditions many would welcome any slot at all - including overnight ones. I would be very happy to use such a slot if they brought in a 24 hour delivery schedule

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I think under current conditions many would welcome any slot at all - including overnight ones. I would be very happy to use such a slot if they brought in a 24 hour delivery schedule
I would, not like I have to get up for anything in the morning.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List