Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 20, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Mobile Confused with Virgin

So yesterday on our Virgin app our flights disappeared yet you could still do a new booking with them online for them dates so I've gone onto twitter as find them helpful asked and the guy has confirmed flights to Orlando currently will resume on the 16th april! YAY!

He was saying they havent cancelled on us

Yet everytime I speak to our TA there constantly asking for more money to change our dates?

Please help
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

As you can see here
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordTJustice
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
So yesterday on our Virgin app our flights disappeared yet you could still do a new booking with them online for them dates so I've gone onto twitter as find them helpful asked and the guy has confirmed flights to Orlando currently will resume on the 16th april! YAY!

He was saying they havent cancelled on us

Yet everytime I speak to our TA there constantly asking for more money to change our dates?

Please help
Sorry but I can’t believe your flights will go ahead, they just haven’t cancelled yet. I would imagine changing dates will become a free option when the cancellation is confirmed.
BufordTJustice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

16th April is the current date the FCO restrictions end but there is no doubt in my mind that this will be extended. Not sure we would want to be going anyway to be honest. We are booked for end of May and we don’t want to go anymore. Not whilst there is so much uncertainty. I would not want to be stuck out there or ill. I also think the parks will still be shut and if they are not, offering a restricted service. I’m hoping to get a refund and then sit tight and see how it pans out. We can always then book something last minute.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Extended to the 30th.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

They just haven’t cancelled it yet. They are waiting until the last moments.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's all part of a game that they and many other companies are playing. If they cancel the fight then they have to refund. If you cancel following FCO advice you have to go through your insurance company as technically the flight was still running at the time you cancelled. It'll be cancelled but probably 24 hours before you are due to fly.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Why on earth would you want to go?
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Zharris
New Poster (4)

hi can i ask due to fly out 27th may with virgin and like others said i was holding on hoping fco extends and i canx and get full refund ...but yesterday i received letter telling me to self isolate 12 weeks from my dr surgery as high risk so what are my options? as obviously i cant travel now anyway?
Zharris is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Zharris View Post
hi can i ask due to fly out 27th may with virgin and like others said i was holding on hoping fco extends and i canx and get full refund ...but yesterday i received letter telling me to self isolate 12 weeks from my dr surgery as high risk so what are my options? as obviously i cant travel now anyway?
Contact your insurer. Assuming your insurance was in place before the cur-off date you should be covered. Interesting point will be that I bet the rest of your party won’t be covered as there is nothing stopping them travelling.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List