Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

As a previous poster has mentioned, you can only upgrade if paying for the plan (not if you’re receiving it free as part of a package).

We’ve always upgraded to full board premium and we didn’t find it was too much food - in fact, we were always hungry which I assume is due to the amount of physical exertion each day!

Premium full board gave us the option to eat at the ‘nicer’ restaurants, including character dining so we definitely made the most of it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You can actually upgrade a free half board to a full board plan. You just pay the upgrade price. They offer the option when booking, even online. You just can't upgrade the level of plan. So for example if staying in Santa Fe and receiving the free standard half board, you can't pay to upgrade that to the plus or premium plans. However you can opt to upgrade it to full board, for a suppliment.

I know you can as I was pricing up a trip for next year online which included free half board in the offer, and after choosing my room options, etc. it offered the opportunity to add on the extra meal per day. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
You can actually upgrade a free half board to a full board plan. You just pay the upgrade price. They offer the option when booking, even online. You just can't upgrade the level of plan. So for example if staying in Santa Fe and receiving the free standard half board, you can't pay to upgrade that to the plus or premium plans. However you can opt to upgrade it to full board, for a suppliment.

I know you can as I was pricing up a trip for next year online which included free half board in the offer, and after choosing my room options, etc. it offered the opportunity to add on the extra meal per day. X
Thank you, I just wondered if you could add it on after booking. I didn’t know if I could ring Disney and add it on at a later date. We go in November so a little time to decide yet ☺️ X
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hannah88811 View Post
Thank you, I just wondered if you could add it on after booking. I didn’t know if I could ring Disney and add it on at a later date. We go in November so a little time to decide yet ☺️ X
Yup, they'll let you! X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We are definitely a foodie family and love eating at new restaurants and trying lots of new foods. We’d love to try Walt’s and Yacht Club but wouldn’t unless we upgraded to the full board plan.

We are going in November and with the parks shutting at 7pm, would be eating one of our meals out of the park every night so wouldn’t be losing out on park time. I think being able to stop and warm up for our lunch will be needed
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Yup, they'll let you! X
Brilliant thank you! And glad I’m not the only one dibbing at this time on a Sunday 😆 x
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

SarryB is right - these are the T&Cs for the current free board offer, and it's the same T&Cs that I've seen for previous free dining offers:

How can I upgrade to a Full Board Meal Plan?

Full Board meal plan includes lunch, dinner and breakfast, per person, each night of stay and comprises 3 meal vouchers.

If you stay at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe or Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, you can upgrade to a Full Board Meal Plan prior to arrival for £19.35 per adult per night and £14.07 per child per night for all arrival dates.

If you stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Disney's Newport Bay Club, you can upgrade to a Full Board Meal Plan for £25.51 per adult per night and £15.83 per child per night.

If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel, you can upgrade to a Full Board Meal Plan for £43.98 per adult per night and £25.51 per child per night.

If you stay at Les Villages Nature Paris, the Full Board Meal Plan upgrade will not be available.

The upgrade applies to all members of your party.

When upgrading to a Full Board Meal plan you can only upgrade to the same type of plan offered in your hotel package. E.g. If you stay at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe or Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, you will get a meal voucher "Standard" you will be able to upgrade to a Standard Full Board Meal Plan prior to your arrival. If you stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Disney's Newport Bay Club, you will get a meal voucher "Plus" which can be upgrade to a Plus Full Board Meal Plan prior to your arrival. If you stay at Disneyland Hotel, you will get a meal voucher "Premium" you can upgrade to a Premium Full Board Meal Plan prior to your arrival.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List