Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

DLP disability assistance

All
Am looking for advice on the above
Elodie has kindly pointed me in the direction of this page
disneylandparis/en-g...-disabilities/

So , and I know it’s down to the judgement of DLP to some extent but was after advice on our chances of getting either the Priority Pass or the Easy Access Pass ?

As many of you know my DD 20 has an eating disorder ( hospitalised for 9 months 3 years ago ) and suffers with anxiety and depression . She has been taking fluoxetine regularly for this and does get anxious in certain circumstances. We don’t honestly know how she will be like in the queues , she is willing to accept help ( thought she may have said no to it as she doesn’t always want to own up to her issue in public )

Anyway . It appears we need her doctor to write a letter . What needs to go in to Give her the best chance of getting a pass ? Will it likely be Priority Or easy access ?

If she gets a pass , what happens in practical terms as the DLP website doesn’t seem clear on this ? ( eg do you get a free entry to ride with limited wait / do you get a time to come back at to ‘ virtually queue’ ? Would one of us have to actually go in the regular queue ? There will be me , Dd and DS 16 in our party.

Thanks for any help
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

If you get a doctors note she will be able to get some form of pass. I have a friend who has a pass due to anxiety. With this pass she'd go up to the entrance to the rides or to the character meet and be given a return time. You then go back at the return time and into a short disability line before getting on the ride after a few minutes (generally).

If you'd like to use the pass to do character meets too just be mindful that there are only so many slots per day for disability passes and they may fill up quickly.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Cheers Dav
So can you only have one ‘ return time’ slot ?
Or could you in theory have return slots on more than one ride ?

Re character meets , isn’t there any way of knowing how may of the disability slots have already been used up ? Or is it basically just try to get them early in the day to have biggest chance of getting one ?

Would both me and DS able able to go with DD at the return time without queuing also ? ( rides and character meets )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
We have used the green pass in dlp so I'm not sure how the other works, but with the green pass it will allow the passholder's family members to be included so you go to the exit of the ride (there is usually a disabled sign) and they ask who is the passholder and how many are riding - you then wait to board, they let so many passholder's on each time.
For rides inside like Ratatouille you go to the ride entrance and staff direct you it is usually the fast pass line you join.
We have never had a time to return for the rides only characters but it may be different if the parks are really busy or for a different assistance pass.

For character meets - you go to the disabled line of the meet and greet and the cast member has a page with the slots on it they will then give you a time for your slot and a paper pass and you go away and return to the same line with your pass at your allocated time. If no slots are left then you need to try the next time, although you can go and wait before the character meet time to be first or near the front of the line to get a time slot.
Some characters we met at Christmas didn't have a time slot but you could queue in the disabled waiting area and they done so many from regular line and then the assistance line.
Also when getting a pass they ask about the medical condition and tick the relevant boxes, there are some rides that they will not allow assistance guests to ride in case of evacuation.
DLP 2016, 2018

Edited at 12:21 AM.
orlando10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

They allow up to 4 family members to accompany the person with the pass. This is for the disabled priority card, not sure about the easy access card.
The last time we went (we go during school hols, so peak times), we were given return times for a couple of rides.

ETA - for the parade disabled areas, only one person is allowed with the card holder.

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
They allow up to 4 family members to accompany the person with the pass. This is for the disabled priority card, not sure about the easy access card.
The last time we went (we go during school hols, so peak times), we were given return times for a couple of rides.

ETA - for the parade disabled areas, only one person is allowed with the card holder.
With the parade bit, as it's my Mum (the person who'll have the pass), my niece, and myself, would I need to send my niece with Mum into the disabled areas? She'll still only be 11, and I thought the person accompanying the person with the pass had to be older. But I can't leave her alone so that I can go in with my Mum. x
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
With the parade bit, as it's my Mum (the person who'll have the pass), my niece, and myself, would I need to send my niece with Mum into the disabled areas? She'll still only be 11, and I thought the person accompanying the person with the pass had to be older. But I can't leave her alone so that I can go in with my Mum. x
I’m not sure, but I think it may be different for you with a child, as you can’t really leave her alone.
For us, we had 2 adults and 3 children, one of the children being the disabled one, so only one person was allowed with him.
Saying that, we didn’t bother anyway as we don’t bother stopping to watch parades.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi all
Well we got allocated the easy access pass for DD
Don’t know if it’s normal but the guy at the city hall desk had to go in the back office - not sure if it was because what was took was just the doctors letter ( ie we don’t qualify for any badges / payments at home ) and he needed a translator , or because it was a marginal case and he needed a supervisors approval
Anyway he gave us the pass for the days we were there
We have an annual pass just validated and hope to return early next year - at which point we need to repeat the process but hopefully the same outcome
Anyway we are allowed to go to each ride and are allocated a time to return with little wait -generally the fast pass queue
The time to return varies dependent is n the length of the regular line
Generally about half the time of the walk up time
So we had the double benefit of less time to wait and also not having to queue during that time
We can only have one return time on the card at any one time but could do other stuff ( including using a FP or going on another ride which has a short queue
It has worked well and definitely resulted in less stress