Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

I willprobably start to get on everyone’s nerves with all my universal hotel questions lol
We wanting to stay for 7 nights 2021 (pricing 2020 to give me an idea) endless summer is by far the cheapest but the distance & no front of line passes is something to consider.
Getting a decent price for Loews Sapphire Falls Resor. Has anyone stayed here? Any reviews?
Does this hotel include front line passes?
Thank you
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Thekents
I have Ears

Mobile

We stayed at Sapphire Falls in 2017. It's a lovely hotel and we (2 ad 2ch) wouldn't hesitate to return.

It doesn't include front of line passes though
Thekents is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thekents View Post
We stayed at Sapphire Falls in 2017. It's a lovely hotel and we (2 ad 2ch) wouldn't hesitate to return.

It doesn't include front of line passes though
That’s a shame. It does look like a more luxury hotel compared to the new endless summer ones
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Thekents
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
That’s a shame. It does look like a more luxury hotel compared to the new endless summer ones
It does feel upmarket staying there. My children spent hours in the pool and the entire hotel is immaculate. Drinks around the pool were expensive but we expected that.

We're staying at Endless summer next August as budget didn't quite stretch to Sapphire Falls. We've decided to go for a cheaper hotel but for more nights. although we will be booking a single night at one of the hotels that offer front of line passes so we'll get use of these for 2 days at least.
Thekents is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thekents View Post
It does feel upmarket staying there. My children spent hours in the pool and the entire hotel is immaculate. Drinks around the pool were expensive but we expected that.

We're staying at Endless summer next August as budget didn't quite stretch to Sapphire Falls. We've decided to go for a cheaper hotel but for more nights. although we will be booking a single night at one of the hotels that offer front of line passes so we'll get use of these for 2 days at least.
Endless summer is certainly still ahead due to price. I am interested in the reviews once it opens.
I am trying to get prices verses facilities sorted lol lol
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We loved SF, the only thing that lets it down is no express passes. But then when we stayed we weren’t going to the parks anyway! Lots of pics and reviews in my trippy from 2016 (the link is in my signature &#128522
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Sapphire falls is essentially Royal Pacific but Caribbean themed instead of Bali/South Sea theme and without the Express pass. Does have the early entry and boat transport mind.

We booked there last year but didn't end up there, wouldn't hesitate to go for the right price though. Looked very snazzy.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am pricing up for next January to give me some idea of the following January

A bit surprised to find Sapphire Falls coming out as the dearest per night of them all

£247 for Sapphire Falls
£227 for Portofino Bay
£219 for Hard Rock
£190 for Royal Pacific

Is this normally the case

How can £247 for SF be justified with no front of line pass

Surely it should be less thar RP

Am I missing something ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We stayed there for 8 nights last August and loved it, it is a beautiful hotel, the only slight downside for us was not a great choice of food at the New Dutch trading company but it would not put us off staying there again, in fact we are planning on staying there again next year unless there is a great deal on one of the express pass hotels. You can also now pop to Aventura for food as well so there is more options now. The walk to citywalk is 10-15 minutes tops, me and DD could do it in under 10 on a morning and beat the boat.

Regarding the express passes we found by staying a week we didn't need them, we just used early entry and got lots done by 11-12 every morning, they would have been handy later in the day/evening if I am honest but not a deal breaker. We have had shorter stays at universal in the past with the EP's and if we were only going for 3-4 days I would get a hotel with the EP but for a week I wouldn't see them as a must have.
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I am pricing up for next January to give me some idea of the following January

A bit surprised to find Sapphire Falls coming out as the dearest per night of them all

£247 for Sapphire Falls
£227 for Portofino Bay
£219 for Hard Rock
£190 for Royal Pacific

Is this normally the case

How can £247 for SF be justified with no front of line pass

Surely it should be less thar RP

Am I missing something ?
That is surprising SF should be the cheapest of the 4 and every time I have looked for my dates it is, I wonder if there is a large conference taking place there for the dates you have checked and that is pushing the price up, as I can't think why else it would be dearer that the EP hotels.

Edited at 09:32 PM.
elmspenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List