Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney3
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone been to Dave and Busters?

Hi all, there's a groupon at the minute for D&B, but it is only for non-ticket winning games. I've never been there so don't know much about it, (I'm thinking of taking DS on next trip as he's video game mad.)
In your opinion would this deal be any good, or are non-ticket winning games very limited?
Seems like a good deal, but not if he'd miss out on a lot of the games there.
Any advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Edited at 03:04 PM.
Disney3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

I have and I really love it there and the boys have a great time especially on a wednesday when it's half price games.

As far as I recall all the games are ticket winning ones but maybe someone will come along and offer some more advice.

We usually go on a Wednesday and get a meal with some credit included for each of the kids so they can have a few plays. They end up getting enough tickets to buy a sweet but we have a great time! And they have a bar too!
Lu Lu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. May be the offer isn’t much good then?
I was thinking it may be a bit like the old Disney Quest with the racing games etc?
May be better to buy on the day and try and go on a Wednesday. Thanks for the tip.
Disney3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We go every year. It’s my idea of hell on earth as I hate those kind of places with a passion! But I have 11 year old twin boys who absolutely love it so we make one visit each year. I have to make sure I’ve had a few margaritas in Millers beforehand, then it’s not so bad 🤪
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney3
Very Serious Dibber

😂 can’t say it’d be my first choice of venue either, however ds used to love Disney quest ( so may endure it-if I feel brave enough &#128514
Liking your plan 👍 May have to adopt that one.
Do you happen to know if all the games there are ones that you win tickets on?
The groupon is currently $20 for unlimited play (not including games you win tickets on) if it’s any good for your boys.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Groupon often had a unlimited deal on for D&B, sometimes a meal and Unlimited play

i wonder if the wording it right on the offer
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Now showing $25 sure it was 20 earlier 🤔 actually pretty sure that this is a different deal as looks like the small print has changed, but still mentions not for games that issue tickets or prizes.
Just wondering if these types of games make up the majority of games there. Or whether there are enough other games so they you’d still get value for money-If that makes sense.
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Also what are the chips for? (it didn’t mention those on previous deals) if you have an all day card. Are chips for use for something different than the games? Or just a certain type of game?
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We go every trip and love it! Soooo much fun and way cheaper than UK arcades so we feel like we can go mad rather than worrying about the cost.

I would say its around 50/50 ticket and non ticket issuing games. Anything that is a shooting or racing game won't issue tickets. We can happily spend ages playing something like Jurassic Park or Walking Dead so it would be great to do that without worrying about cost.

Not sure about the 'chips' that are included in the deal- perhaps they can be used on the ticket issuing games? I have to admit winning the tickets is half the fun for me- first year we came away with a tshirt and a pen, this year we got a jumper, freeze cup, pen and some sweeties You can actually get some real prizes unlike again crappy UK arcades.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Sounds absolutely hideous, but the kids will love it, thanks for the heads-up, will add it to the 'things we do for the kids' bit of the holiday.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List