Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Aug 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile Peri-menopause and nausea

Apols for this kind of thread - not like me but it’s driving me mad!

I’m feeling so nauseous to the point today I don’t know whether to go into work!

I woke up at 2am feeling very off balance and got up at 3 to take a couple of paracetamols, a large glass of water and a couple of Rennie.

The nausea continued the rest of the night and I feel shattered!

Does anyone else have this symptom with menopause and do you take anything for it?

Ali
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I feel your pain, it is like morning sickness all over again. I know mine is also a bit to do with stress but used to get it even before that! I tend to drink a glass of water with a slice of lemon. Not gulp but sip slowly. Food wise I tend to nibble toast, bagels that type of thing and steer clear of chocolate or rich stuff. I also prefer light food like salads or toast that I can pick at, I definitely eat less and healthier when I feel like this! I don't take any meds but always have polo's and peppermint tea bags in my bag now as find that if I feel a bit queasy these will definitely help - not sure if it is the peppermint or the sucking! I also like a glass or ginger ale in the evening, again not sure if it is the fizz or the ginger but all the things I did for morning sickness

I'm not quite sure how far through I am on the perimenopause/menopause trip, but do find that when life is on a normal road this happens about every 3 months for a week or so and has been like this for the last 3 years approx. Originally I thought I'd got a tummy bug but after a couple of bouts I noted the pattern. You don't get told about the nausea, palpitations etc that also come with it, everyone just goes on about hot flushes!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Edited at 08:08 AM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

To be honest it sounds like you have an inner ear infection or labrynthitus (sp?). X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
To be honest it sounds like you have an inner ear infection or labrynthitus (sp?). X
I am definitely feeling it is linked to hormones, however this time is much worse and you might be right as I now recall having earache on my way home from work last night!

Could be either then 🤷

Deffo got an upset tum too this morning ... thank goodness it’s friday!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

I've found things that I used to do without issues are a nightmare I currently cannot sit on a bus without throwing up. Goodness only knows what the rides will do to me!

Edited at 08:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Funnily enough I have really sore/temder boos and feel a bit nauseus! If i was younger and hubby hadnt had the snip id be doing a pregnancy test! lol
Im assuming its hormonal. I had a week to ten days of this a few months ago.
Very weird!
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

See your GP, it could be something else.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by T.jenni View Post
I've found things that I used to do without issues are a nightmare I currently cannot sit on a bus without throwing up. Goodness only knows what the rides will do to me!
Oh dear, I didn't think of that!

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
Funnily enough I have really sore/temder boos and feel a bit nauseus! If i was younger and hubby hadnt had the snip id be doing a pregnancy test! lol
Im assuming its hormonal. I had a week to ten days of this a few months ago.
Very weird!
Yep - every few months for me too

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
See your GP, it could be something else.
If only! I've got an appointment booked on 22nd August ... by then I will have forgotten why I had booked it!

At least I made it in to work. A plain piece of toast helped and I will be drinking lemon and ginger tea today to help calm the tum.
Old 2 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

I have this for a few days over ovulation. Not every month, so when it happens it takes me by surprise until I work out what it is! Oh the joys of being a woman 🙄

Edited at 08:11 PM.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

My friend thought she was in peri menopause, she was pregnant
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List