Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 10 Aug 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes another one here! We fly on Monday. The past week I have felt terrible. Knots in my stomach and just a general anxiety feeling. I hate travel day, my son suffers from really bad anxiety, it starts as soon as we get to the airport and hell start being sick from then to just after we land! 😫 its so stressful. Once that bit is out of the way I can relax 🍻
Been to Florida several times throughout the 80's,90's,1999 to see in the millenium,back in Oct 2009 to spread my dads ashes & first time on our own as a family in March 2012. Going back in May 2013 - 1 week Orlando and 1 week St Pete beach. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
August 2019 again!
Unread 10 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
slightly serious Dibber

My girlfriend is terrible for it, I'm not sure if it's because I'm almost always travelling for work and arranging accommodation / transport etc but I hardly break a sweat when sorting, traveling and on holiday.
Unread 10 Aug 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I'm the same, but in fact I'm terrible with anticipating anything.

Last year and this year before we went to Canada I was in bits, couldn't eat, had upset tummy but as you say once I was on the plane I'm fine. I have bought the Calm app and use that as well as always have polos in my bag to settle tummy. I also don't drink alcohol as I feel worse with that. Dh gets stressed with me being like it so snaps at me but I think that is his stress coming out. Even if I was fine he would still snap at me! It is nice to hear that you are brave enough to admit that you are anxious - but sorry that you have to go through it! I get annoyed with people who say you've done it once so why are you worried. Just drop your shoulders and just plod through until you are sat in that seat xx
Unread 10 Aug 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I'm the same, but in fact I'm terrible with anticipating anything.

Last year and this year before we went to Canada I was in bits, couldn't eat, had upset tummy but as you say once I was on the plane I'm fine. I have bought the Calm app and use that as well as always have polos in my bag to settle tummy. I also don't drink alcohol as I feel worse with that. Dh gets stressed with me being like it so snaps at me but I think that is his stress coming out. Even if I was fine he would still snap at me! It is nice to hear that you are brave enough to admit that you are anxious - but sorry that you have to go through it! I get annoyed with people who say you've done it once so why are you worried. Just drop your shoulders and just plod through until you are sat in that seat xx

If managing your mental health was as easy as saying "why worry" then it would be an issue! I know I'll be fine but will just have to ride it out until Tuesday. Its good to know there are many of us who go to through it.

DLP 2016 - Hotel Cheyenne, 2017 Hotel Cheyenne & Santa Fe, 2018 - Newport Bay, 2019 - Sequoia lodge
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Team Burroughs return to WDW
Unread 10 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Proud to wear my Ears

Coincidentally Im flying on Tuesday & Ive also been struggling this week. Hiding away in my bed seems easier than facing the travelling which is the part Im stressing about.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 10 Aug 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dyer
Serious Dibber

Im on the plane now. The past couple of weeks have been awful. Ive managed to stress/worry myself so much Ive come out in hives. Im a natural worrier but for whatever reason, the run up to now has been particularly bad.

Now were in the air Im fine and will just relax until we land when the anxiety will start again ready for customs at FLL.

It is reassuring to know Im not the only one though
Dyer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 weeks of fun
Unread 10 Aug 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I get it badly! I'd be ok if someone could just push a button and get us there, rather than having to get on a plane!
MillyMoo is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am exactly the same. I stress so much I actually feel poorly! On top of that I hate flying. It doesnt stop until we arrive at our destination with all our luggage.
I plan for so long then I panic about illness, bugs, germs etc
this is exactly me
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less