Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Aug 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Was just reading about that Disney332... that’s another 3 hotels worth of guests using that entrance, never used that entrance before so not sure how it would affect security checks etc.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are 50/50 at the moment with WL Courtyard view which we know and love and BC where we’ve always wanted to stay but only garden view rooms available and of all the reviews I’ve watched on YouTube most people didn’t seem too happy with the view!
Just heard about the new fireworks show from Oct 1st at Epcot which is another ticked box! I’d be gutted if we paid all that money and got a Juliet balcony or a bad view.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
We are 50/50 at the moment with WL Courtyard view which we know and love and BC where we’ve always wanted to stay but only garden view rooms available and of all the reviews I’ve watched on YouTube most people didn’t seem too happy with the view!
Just heard about the new fireworks show from Oct 1st at Epcot which is another ticked box! I’d be gutted if we paid all that money and got a Juliet balcony or a bad view.
Our garden view

Our room

Have you looked at the views on touring plans? There is also another forum type site with loads of beach club info in their resort section.

It’s always a chance when you book somewhere new that you won’t like it but I also think that it’s the same when you book somewhere you’ve already been and had a totally amazing stay at that it won’t live up to the previous trip.

Location would always win out for me though.
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Is there much difference in price?
POFQ is amazing little hotel, but can never compare to BC, WL or BW.
If pricing is similar, then it has to be a Epcot resort.
However our favorite has to be AKL and that comes a very close second, just behind GF. We liked WL, but its no AKL and I dont think I would pay much more than POFQ for WL.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

BC & WL are a similar price, POFQ is working out approx 2k cheaper.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

POFQ it is then as you said FQ included the same dining plan.
It really depends on how much time you spend in the room. If like us, its a place to sleep, then think what else you could do with 2K extra.
We got AKL for only £20 a night more than PORS, so it was worth it, but £140 extra a night is a lot extra. We always say £75 a night extra is worth going to deluxe. Currently YC and BC are only an extra £65 a night on top of AKL, so I am tempted, but not enough as I love AKL.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Still up in the air, we love POFQ and the 2k is a massive difference but it is my 50th and better half wants to do something special!
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
avabear
Helping Mickey

WL is hands down our favourite. We love everything about it! In the past we’ve stayed at YC, absolutely loved the location, and the BW is fun in the evening. You’ve got loads of eating spots on that area too, plus a walk home after the night shows at the Studios or Epcot is a huge boost when everyone else is waiting for transport!
avabear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I stayed at POFQ last year and fell in love with it. Next month is a garden/woods view room at Beach Club because of the location plus everyone I know loves it. Then back to POFQ next year. WL doesn't appeal to me.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've stayed at all three and, have just returned from three weeks which included 10 nights at the Beach Club.

It's a spectacular resort and as much as I think both of the other two are fantastic (and amongst my favourites), I'd choose the Beach Club every time.

You can't underestimate how great it is to be able to stroll into Epcot in just a few minutes, nor the slightly longer walk (or boat, if you prefer) along to the Studios.

On each of our stays at the Beach Club it has been less than five minutes from closing our room door to our arrival at the International Gateway. We'd be sipping a Grey Goose lemon slushy in France in under 10 minutes!

I guess the additional volume of people coming through the International Gateway could be a concern, but they seem to be revamping that entrance way currently, and I can only assume that is to add more entry point to accommodate the extra arrivals. There's no way Disney will want that point to become a bottleneck.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List