Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Only stayed at NPB but wouldn’t pay the extra to stay at DLH tbh.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I'm having this debated at the moment too! 🤔 Sorry to jump on your thread OP

How far is it to walk to the Newport from the parks?
When were they both refurbished?
Are they like comparing Grand Floridian and Yacht club?

Thanks!
No problem, your welcome to use this thread! I have actually stayed at NPB and it really is a lovely hotel, the walk to the parks is about 10 minutes, and its actually about the same distance to the Village so no real advantage there.

As someone already said only NPB has been refurbished, this is one of the reasons I'm questioning spending the extra money... if it was £500 more then I'd probably go for it as a treat but can't really justify an extra £1500!
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

I stayed in DLH in March and I'm in NPB right now

I prefer DLH but it all depends on cost, I got a good deal for our March trip, but this one DLH was nearly £1000 more

Rooms in DLH are bigger and the bathroom is nicer, beds were really comfy and you are right at the park entrance. Have you checked the other countries websites for different offers, or a package for 1 adult then annual passes for the others?

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
DLH is double the price of NPB for my dates! I'm still not sure! Its my birthday and I would love to stay st DLH but not sure I can justify the extra cost!

Trouble is I haven't been to DLP since the year after it opened and I can't remember any of it 🤣? Plus it's changed a lot anyway! Can't picture the layout etc! 🤔
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

DLH location cannot be beaten. It is literally over the park entrance. We stayed there a few years back when the PPI Fairy paid us a visit. Decor is a little tired and it will be ready for its refurb, but the joy of being in such beautiful surroundings and so close to the park is lovely.

We stayed at NPB in 2017. It is beautiful and we really enjoyed it. There is a separate security tent for NPB so that can save a bit of time walking to the parks. It is about 10 minutes walk between the hotel and the parks.

That said, my favourite hotel is Sequoia Lodge. Yes, it is ready for a refurb now, but I love the cosy homely feel and the subtle forest theming. The Redwood Bar is so cosy too.

Come to that, my last stay was in the Cheyenne and I would happily stay there again. The theming is the most immersive in DLP, and it is only a pleasant 15 minute stroll away. It is pretty basic, sure, but the room theming is lovely, the beds are firm but comfortable, and to be honest we are only there to sleep!

Santa Fe is OK as a base too, but Cheyenne theming is much better.

I really can’t justify spending that much on a hotel at DLP, when most of the time I am in the parks or restaurants.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We have stayed at both. Newport Bay is our favourite out of all the onsite hotels (though haven't tried Cheyenne), before the refurb it was beautiful but now it's even better. The walk to the village is short although I know there was some construction work happening meaning you had to go the longer way round. Not sure if that's finished?

If budget wasn't main consideration I would still choose DLH over NPB purely for the location, we also enjoy the restaurant there more than NPB. However if that price difference matters to you NPB is a wonderful choice.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Nope no meal plan, just 30% off.

So that's 2 for NPB, I think maybe it's only worth staying at DLH if you get a really really good deal, I've now found NPB for £2100 with Eurostar and DLH for £3600, £1500 cheaper for NPB, that's a hell of a lot of extra spending money, and being summer hopefully would be able to utilise the outdoor pool at NPB a couple of afternoons.
It that case it would be a complete no brainer for me - there is just no way I could justify £1500 to just be closer to the parks (After all, that's really the only main perk!). I would be booking the Newport Bay in an instant.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn't stay in either. I save the money you would have spent on the Disney hotel, wait until the Marvel hotel opens and stay there...
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We loved the DLH when we stayed there, but I deliberately didn’t look at any other hotel prices when I booked it, because I really, really wanted to stay there and I didn’t want to be swayed by the money we could have saved by staying elsewhere! It was amazing being so close to the park, especially using the ‘secret door’ by the exit turnstiles to get back in at the end of the day. We loved the view from our room, and the gorgeous scent of the hotel, and just everything.

Having said that, it only cost us £1200 for 5 days in the DLH (2 adults, 2 children) at Christmas 18 months ago, so I don’t think we could saved all that much by staying elsewhere. I was just over the moon with that price, so I jumped at it. DH really wants to stay there again, but if NPB is significantly cheaper, I’d rather give that a try. We really enjoyed looking round the hotel and walking round the lake after a meal at Cape Cod last June.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List