Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Tips for sleeping on the plane?

Hi! What are your top tips for sleeping on the plane? I'd love to get a little bit of sleep so I feel more alive by the time I arrive. Staying on site for the first time next year and would love to be able to head straight to a park!

Thank you
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I got a TURTL sleep scarf - really good support for your head and neck so you can sleep without getting a crick. A decent support pillow is a must have
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve stopped trying. Even on the return flight. I just find it so frustrating when I can’t fall asleep so I just watch films now.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

I would be so interested in any tips anyone might have! I always struggle to sleep on flights no matter how tired I am whilst my other half is in a deep sleep before we are even in the air
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I use a lavender yoga sleep pad, It is weighted goes over the eyes and is filled with relaxing lavender. Give complete darkness is really comfortable, Just like a small pillow over eyes.

I also use a relaxation app on my ipad. I never use these going out as I am way to excited, But use them on the way home, So I get a good amount of shut eye for our long journey home.
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

I find noise cancelling headphones with an audiobook, or a film I've already seen works. The sound of talking will send me to sleep whereas music doesn't. I like to take a big scarf I can use as a blanket and wrap myself up, but can easily remove it if I'm too warm.
Or there's always the huge G+T I was supplied with once on a TUI flight, which sent me straight to sleep, but no good if you're driving.
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Despite much mirth from DH, I took an actual pillow with me on the flight this time and it was wonderful, just made me so much more comfortable. I could wedge it in between me and the arm rest and lean against the window. I wouldn’t say I got great sleep on the night flight, but I was loads more comfortable. I’ll be doing it next time for sure

NB - it wasn’t a pillow straight off my bed, it was a new one, purchased for purpose
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

I dont see the point in sleeping on the way out. IMO, it just makes adjusting to US time more difficult. It must be really tough to make your body sleep in the middle of the day.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

I have tried many things over the years. This year I had my best sleep ever with a combination of Advil pm tablet, blanket and eyeshade and British airways playlist entitled relaxing piano music 😂 I find the quiet music makes me less aware/distracted by little noises in the cabin. I also tried the national trust podcast thinking that would work but I listen too hard at the words, if that makes sense? My brain can switch off to music without any singing. Having that said that, I haven’t tried taking my own pillow, maybe I’ll try that next time☺️
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

I kind of sleep on the way home, but not proper sleep.

I will say though, dont take any medication to help you sleep like sleeping tablets etc..while it may seem like a good idea, its not if your flight gets cancelled or diverted and you cant be woke up!
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List