Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Mattress - what do you have?

We are having our bedroom done shortly and been looking at mattresses today.
We did this test thing at dreams, I don’t normally go for gimmicks but it was pretty accurate.
We liked 3 mattresses that suited our needs (lower back pain, one back sleeper, one side sleeper)
One was a silent night, sprung mattress with memory foam top. I thought I had written the name down but I have not took the proper details, just silentnight harmony range this was £1000

Second was a therapur harmonic 2200 Actigel plus £1200 this was also sprung but with a topper that had this special cool gel time thing. It really was cool, felt amazing ! But my husband is concerned about winter, will it be cold?

Third one which to be honest is out of our budget is a tempur one at £2200

We want to stick to a super king size bed. Just wondering what you all have and if anyone has got the cool gel one? Is it cold in winter?
Or is the tempur one would an extra grand?

I spend a lot of time in bed. I go to bed early to read and I think it is important to get a good night sleep. Our current one is not doing my lower back any favours.
Thanks
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

We have a Harrison one, very comfy but expensive.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have a Mammoth mattress. Vented memory foam so doesn't get hot and used by a lot of athletes to aid recovery. Comfiest mattress I have ever slept on, anywhere.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We also have a Harrison which cost more than our first house bought in 1967

It has a summer (cotton) side and a winter (wool) so we need to turn it twice a year. It's so heavy we have to get our daughter to help.

Mick
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We used to have a Dunlopillo latex one, great as didn't need turning just spinning iykwim! It was guaranteed for 25 years and we had no problems with it at all. Anyway we changed it a couple of years ago when it was about 22-23years old but the new Dunlopillos were out of our price range! So we looked at the new breed of internet mattresses with 100day return offers. After reading up on them all we went for the Leesa, which was about £600 I think. We loved it and didn't even consider sending it back in fact we bought one for dd and ds.

I have bad shoulders and dh is bigger than me but no roll together, lovely nights sleep. It isn't too hot which I believe is a problem for some with the Tempur type.

Anyway long way round of saying I'd recommend looking at Leesa, Eve, and others of that type!
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

I have a velda mattress which you cant really get in the uk anymore, i wouldnt recomend memory foam for anyone with mobility issues and it can go really soft after long us, personally i have had a memory foam topper and it made my back worse than better. Everyones backs are different though i have problems with the muscles so that is why i struggle with soft.
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Dunlopillo for me all the way - I find it hard to sleep now on any other mattress. It’s like floating in a cloud - and never gets over hot or dusty (as I am asthmatic that’s a huge bonus ) my parents had them st home when I lived there and I have had then since I moved out in every home and on every bed / from John Lewis who give best price and deliver - fit them and remove old ones every 25 years as that is how long they are guaranteed for so only on my second tranche - makes them good vfm
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have a Hypnos and I love it. I got it at the beginning of this year from John Lewis 👍
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a premier inn Hypnos mattress and really love it. It is a spring mattress with pillow top and no foam.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Isn’t it funny how different we all are ?

We have a Hypnos pillow top and I despise it , for a woman of a certain age it literally feels like I’m burning up ..so bad we are thinking of relegating it to the spare bed ..which has a £65 Argos double one on and is my go to when I simply cannot sleep due to overheating
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List