Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Closed Thread
Unread 7 May 14, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh my god, thats disgusting!

I hope you manage to get something sorted lovely

Gill x
Unread 7 May 14, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

How can the website moderate it but leave all your details in ? It's so difficult to know what to say without knowing the full story. It seems odd that that information hasn't been removed.
Unread 7 May 14, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I know this has nothing to do with this site, but could Stu offer any help as the moderator / manager he will know what regulations a mod should adhere to when this sort of thing happens -I'm not explaining myself very well here, does that make sense?

It really makes me see red when these ignorant people can get away with upsetting others for 'fun'
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
South America Cruise & Iguazu Falls
Unread 7 May 14, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Brainache
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Thank you...its so upsetting that complete a stranger can write shocking stuff and not face any consquence whatsoever, and I'm annoyed at the web site not taking a tougher response as they have only deleted the worst references... it still names me and ends with a reference about hoping I hang myself.
Goodness me, that's awful!

Is it a well known forum?

Edited at 10:01 PM.
Brainache is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2015 is the new 2014. Fingers crossed...
Unread 7 May 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinKitty
Imagineer

Mobile

What is wrong with people ! How can someone just get your name and say these things. Disgusting
Unread 8 May 14, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Not much luck with their board Moderators I'm afraid,... even though their rules state its to be run in the frame of a 'family forum' and they don't allow personal attacks, sexual insults (which this was), harrassment, profane language, etc, etc,

... they won't remove the post, or my name from it....they have only edited the worst of it.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida's Fabulous In February -&May 2 ?
Unread 8 May 14, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I'm sorry this is happening to you as I know from personal experience how upsetting this kind of cyber bullying can be!

There are plenty of cowards who happily hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard but actually they reveal an awful lot about themselves when they post these hateful things.

It makes you wonder what kind if people they are in the real world. Cowards is the word that immediately comes to mind.

It is a shame that the mods are not dealing with this but as already suggested take screen shots of everything posted (that's what I am doing) and copy all messages sent to the mods/admin, if it continues and you have kept everything you may have built up enough evidence for a harassment/stalking case and if the owners of the site fail to take any action they could possibly face some responsibility themselves.

These matters should be taken seriously as it is the only way will those responsible be called out for who they really are!

Again you have my sympathy!
Unread 8 May 14, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Some people are just so cruel in this world! I have had a similar experience where someone set up a fake Facebook account using my photos but a slightly different surname. They were sending harrassing messages to my friends and family and whilst I reported them to Facebook several times nothing was done about it!

Like others have said, screenshot everything and save it up in case you do have to go down the legal route in the future. Thankfully this person has stopped the messages (although the profile is still there) so I've saved everything incase they might rear their ugly head again! Some people are just such low lives they obviously get a kick out of this stuff. But it's awful on you to have to go through it.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast
Closed Thread
Eat and Play Card